Ozark Christian vs. ORU

theeagleman5

What can TheEagleman say about this one other than no sure why we are even playing these guys.....it's just dumbfounding.....have to think the our regulars will get very little court time if any with TU coming up on Saturday.....but heck somebody has to play....probably the walkons will see a lot of minutes.....hard to even predict a score.....ORU 98  Ozark Christian 11.... 😮

They should raffle off a starting spot for this game, to raise funds. 

Starting at PF, standing 6-3 and weighing 300 lbs., from Parts Unknown.....Old Titan! 

• Haha 5

TheEagleman is fine with suiting up OT and ORUTERRY for this one.....maybe drag ORU40 out of mothballs also....that guy has some skills......not gonna set a line on this one so it's a NL....but wondering which number will be higher....points scored by Ozark Christian?... or number of actual fans in the seats?  Could be close....🙄

• Haha 1

Wikipedia says that Ozark Christian’s total enrollment is 600. A guy at church says his father in law is an alumnus and was surprised that they had a team. 

Ozark Christian holds a record of 2-9 this year. And, they also lost to their alumni team! 🤣

Although, they did register a victory over mighty Southwestern Adventist University. 

They have 2 players that are "listed" at 6-5, their tallest players. 

There is no reason to play our starters or first couple of guys off the bench. Zero benefit. 

4 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Ozark Christian holds a record of 2-9 this year. And, they also to their alumni team! 🤣

Officially, they are 2-0, and 0-9 in "exhibitions" (no, I'm not making this up).

According to the Ambassadors' 22-23 roster, they have 12 guards, 2 forwards and a center on their team.  Seven of the fifteen players on the roster are 6'-0" or shorter.  Their forward and center are both 6'-5". 

I doubt Max and Connor will even play, and if so, for VERY reduced minutes.

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Officially, they are 2-0, and 0-9 in "exhibitions" (no, I'm not making this up).

According to the Ambassadors' 22-23 roster, they have 12 guards, 2 forwards and a center on their team.  Seven of the fifteen players on the roster are 6'-0" or shorter.  Their forward and center are both 6'-5". 

I doubt Max and Connor will even play, and if so, for VERY reduced minutes.

2-0?!? LOL!

So, technically we are playing an undefeated team. #toughestschedule 🤣

Ozark Christian is located in Joplin, Missouri.  According to their own website the school has an enrollment of 600 and they are a member of the Midwest Christian College Conference and play in the National Christian College Athletics Association (NCCAA) as a Division II school.  They are not affiliated with either the NCAA or the NAIA.  They have 14 players on their squad with the Guards ranging in height from 5'9" to 6'3" and there are 11 of them.  They have 2 Forwards who are 6'5" and 5'11", and their Center is 6'5".  We have played one common opponent this year, the same being John Brown University who they played in an Exhibition Game and lost 91-65.     

It has been suggested by an ORUSports.com regular who I greatly respect that perhaps ORU should play the game astride donkeys...

Seriously, I kinda understand how ORU got to this point, but it makes it no less forgiveable:  ORU scheduled a marginal opponent to begin with (Bacone) and once that game became unplayable just a few days ago (I'm guessing at Bacone's insistance), you're not left with many options for playing on that specific night. 

And you really need to follow through on that exact date if at all possible, because of contracts and/or arrangements with the Mabee Center, the support staff of ushers and vendors, sponsors for that night, etc.

So, faced with the prospect of either the ORUSports.com All-Star Team (which would have slipped from sublime to ridiculous to life-threatening before the first media timeout) OR Ozark Christian, you're left with the third-best team in Joplin behind Missouri Southern and Joplin High School.

Caveat emptor, folks - from ORU's scheduling philosophy right down to how valuable those two hours of your life are Tuesday night.

I am going to the Oologah -Verdigris High School  game this Tuesday evening and am willing to wager anyone i will be watching a better game then those that wander out to the Mabee Center!  

Why don't they just play the ORU Ladies Team? That might be a more competitive contest.....:circle-logoi:

All this being said, of course I will be in attendance Tuesday night for the following reasons:

1. Morbid curiosity.
  2. No social life on Tuesday nights. 
  3. Would be otherwise forced to find something else to gripe about.  #tooeasy

11 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Why don't they just play the ORU Ladies Team? That might be a more competitive contest.....:circle-logoi:

Would have been better to play the ORU Intrmural Champions. Better competition. The students would get a kick out of it. And, we wouldn't have to cut a large check to Ozark Christian.

• Upvote 1

ORU should provide free food for all fans and for the Ozark Christian players....seems only fair.....and give them a tour of the Prayer Tower while the team is in town.....😎

Bet you a double cheese from McD's that Trey scores 20 points and is the player of the game!🤑

• Haha 3

Tomorrow is my birthday. Going to a good game always feels like a gift. What am I to think of this?

Please note, though, that it's also Native American Appreciation Night. Those with Native American IDs get in free.

8 minutes ago, titansforever said:

it's also Native American Appreciation Night. Those with Native American IDs get in free.

Another reason for not cancelling the game/date once Bacone was no longer an option.