Ozark Christian vs. ORU

theeagleman5

Guessing that Haskell was not available???? :tb-white:

2 hours ago, oruvoice said:

Would have been better to play the ORU Intrmural Champions. Better competition. The students would get a kick out of it. And, we wouldn't have to cut a large check to Ozark Christian.

Truth!

3 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Officially, they are 2-0, and 0-9 in "exhibitions" (no, I'm not making this up).

According to the Ambassadors' 22-23 roster, they have 12 guards, 2 forwards and a center on their team.  Seven of the fifteen players on the roster are 6'-0" or shorter.  Their forward and center are both 6'-5". 

I doubt Max and Connor will even play, and if so, for VERY reduced minutes.

If Connor doesn't win this tip-off to start the game (he didn't win the tip-off against RSU yesterday), he should be relegated to jumping drills in the practice gym after the game. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

If Connor doesn't win this tip-off to start the game (he didn't win the tip-off against RSU yesterday), he should be relegated to jumping drills in the practice gym after the game. 🤣

Max has really increased his vertical leap; and has the rebounding stats to prove it.

If he was ever going to "jump center" as we said back in the day, this is the game.

• Like 1

ORUWBB giving Golden Eagle fans a preview of tomorrow night's ORUMBB game, drubbing Central Christian 76-25 in the 3rd quarter.  This kind of game isn't really pleasurable for the players of either team or for the fans.  Which makes one ask.... WHY?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

*sigh*

More proof you never read my posts...

The Big Bang Theory Sheldon GIF by LittleOmig

Not true.  

Look, I understand that Ozark Christian is a late replacement, so we need to cut them some slack.   The “why” question was related more to the ORUWBB scheduling Central Christian, a team that was completely overmatched after the first 3-4 minutes.  Surely there are some regional non-D1 opponents available who would actually provide some level of competition.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

The “why” question was related more to the ORUWBB scheduling Central Christian, a team that was completely overmatched after the first 3-4 minutes.  Surely there are some regional non-D1 opponents available who would actually provide some level of competition.  

Oh, pray tell, CCU was holding its own at the first media timeout and ORU only holding a 10-8 lead.  It was 22-10 at the end of Q1 and the "horses" kept on going. 😃

Coach Mills could start: Cam, Trey, Carlos, Williams, and Clover and play them for about 35 minutes each.  Then bring some walk ons off the bench.  That would be interesting at least to see how that group would do.  Maybe they only win by 20.  On a side note: this would be a good game for Sir Isaac to come back and shake the rust off.  Not sure if he is ready health wise.

• Upvote 1

I agree totally. Don’t play any of the top 5-6 players. My starters would be Amboree, Phipps, Williams, Mwamba and Clover - with Herron and maybe Jurgens, Weaver off the bench along with the walk-ons. 

I like Keenan and ORU Terry's starting lineups but with one exception : they have to pass, dribble , shoot and guard with one hand. That might keep it close!

Enough of this; anything other than respect for your opponent is hubris.

Start the regulars in both halves, assess the situation at the first media timeout, substitute accordingly from there.

• Upvote 1

I just want to see extended minutes from Clover, Amboree and Williams… like 30 minutes or more

23 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Enough of this; anything other than respect for your opponent is hubris.

Start the regulars in both halves, assess the situation at the first media timeout, substitute accordingly from there.

You are usually spot on with most things, but I totally disagree with you on this one.

The "opponent" is the equivalent of a good high school team. To risk an injury for one of our main players against a team on par with Rhema Bible College ain't worth it. 

• Upvote 2

Hubris???  image.jpeg.074db44fdf4b1da5ed42c0c25bafc1bf.jpegRhema Bible College? Image result for George Costanza

• Haha 2

I personally think a bit of humor helps us Eagle fans dull the pain of this game. Might be why you see a lot of flasks at TU football games.

• Haha 1