New Mabee Court Design

Dr. Cornelius

It's interesting that Mills wanted to do away with it . . .

There is always the risk that someone who lacks deep roots in the history and legacy of ORU and it's athletic programs will come along and make changes that those of us that hold tightly to those things will find abhorrent. It reminds me of the story of several boxes of video tapes recording ORU basketball games going back to the earliest days of the program. They were being inconveniently stored in a hallway that an ORU president regularly walked by, and he ordered them discarded! Thankfully, one of our own was able to rescue these, and at least for a while, prevented their disposal.

I would support "Make no little plans here" somewhere in the Mabee Center.  That phrase of Oral's always resonated deeply with me.  I think prospective students would be attracted by that phrase.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

I would support "Make no little plans here" somewhere in the Mabee Center.  That phrase of Oral's always resonated deeply with me.  I think prospective students would be attracted by that phrase.

And it is still a central part of the focus of the University even today.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

While some believe it shouldn't be on the basketball court (especially when a team has a losing record), I've never thought of the phrase in regard to Expecting a Miracle for the game's outcome.

Isn't it needed EVEN more in those cases? 😄

Our post play needs a miracle to be competitive.

I do agree with keeping the message on the court. Why remove a distinctive that separates the university and program from all the other D1 arenas out there?

• Upvote 4

If you really want to “Expect a Miracle” this year then envision ORU winning the national championship from the nine hole in the Summit League play-in game.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2