New Mabee Court Design

Dr. Cornelius

Guessing this is just click bait, spurred by this tweet from OSU earlier this week:

I would imagine whatever "they" decide to do (or not do) will involve a committee consisting of the AD and head basketball coaches (if those two care), for approval by Billy Wilson.

The big question every time they repaint the floor is always this: "Will they remove 'Expect A Miracle" at some point?"

I was just surprised that the court was being redone again so quickly. Wasn't a new surface just put in a year or so ago? Maybe heavy traffic due to the remodel?🤔

It would be kind of cool to see praying hands incorporated into the court somewhere...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Bring back the FLAME...

YES

• Like 1

"Expect a Miracle" ......keep it always

Praying Hands......please, no!

Flame.......Yes, I like it! Baseball team wears it well. Make it universal across the brand.

• Like 1

Heard from a reliable source that a new big money sponsor is going on the floor. That could be the source of the redesign?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, vcboy2000 said:

Heard from a reliable source that a new big money sponsor is going on the floor. That could be the source of the redesign?

Any guesses who that might be?  Who are our biggest corporate sponsors?

Hobby Lobby? Or more likely the big names I hear during the commercials of the radio broadcasts….(?)

Rob

22 hours ago, vcboy2000 said:

Maybe the car dealership that Max has a deal with?

Maybe they’re all in!

On 5/15/2022 at 12:17 PM, ORob1 said:

Any guesses who that might be?  Who are our biggest corporate sponsors?

Hobby Lobby? Or more likely the big names I hear during the commercials of the radio broadcasts….(?)

Rob

Higher profile for local sponsors may be a direct result of NIL. 

Will star players and the athletic department be arm-wrestling each other for finite sponsor dollars?

Coming soon:  new hype man “Greg” from Oklahoma Men’s Clinic on the mic for “Red Blooded Alpha Males” vs. “Soy Boy Fancy Lads”.

tug of war GIF by BBC

• 3 months later...

APPARENTLY NOT JUST CLICK BAIT (referencing my Freezing Cold Take from the begnning of this thread).  🤡

The Big Question:  will "EXPECT A MIRACLE" survive the refurbish?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well...if Expect A Miracle doesn't survive the refurbish then there ought to be an investigation and heads should roll....ORU Alums all over the world will be extremely disappointed......😮

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Here's another look at how the Mabee Center court is getting a new makeover.  I would anticipate that the "Expect A Miracle" moniker will continue to be on the floor (that's not the different look).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hope that our new floor design is not going to look like this one.  TU will think that we copied them.  There aren't that many companies that do sanding and rescreening of wood floors for competition teams, so I am hopeful it isn't the same outfit doing both floors and using the same ideas (minus sponsorship names).

2 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Hope that our new floor design is not going to look like this one.  TU will think that we copied them.  There aren't that many companies that do sanding and rescreening of wood floors for competition teams, so I am hopeful it isn't the same outfit doing both floors and using the same ideas (minus sponsorship names).

Very strange that TU failed to include the most iconic Tulsa landmark building (the ORU Prayer Tower) in their cityscape court design. That one must've just slipped through the cracks! 😉

• Haha 1