New Mabee Court Design

Dr. Cornelius

IMO that floor is not very distinctive, except for the logo at center court. Skyline is not real interesting. Makes me really wonder what Mabee’s will look like. 

Is that just a generic skyline? I can't identify any downtown Tulsa buildings in there.

4 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Is that just a generic skyline? I can't identify any downtown Tulsa buildings in there.

I couldn't either. You would think the BOK tower, Boston Ave, Blue dome, etc. would be in there 🤷‍♂️

I am not really a fan of busy court designs but it seems that's the trend now. As long the new floor isn't like Oregon's I'll be happy!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

I couldn't either. You would think the BOK tower, Boston Ave, Blue dome, etc. would be in there 🤷‍♂️

I am not really a fan of busy court designs but it seems that's the trend now. As long the new floor isn't like Oregon's I'll be happy!

It seems a bit of a hybrid:  while many of the buildings do appear generic, I can see the Mid-Contenent Tower, the 320 S. Boston Building (also known as the "old Bank of Oklahoma building"), the Bank of America Building (formerly the Fourth National Bank Building) and the University Club Tower (partially obscured by the American Conference logo on the left). 

But conspicuously missing (as Doc pointed out) are the BOK Tower (formely the Williams Building) and Boston Avenue Church.

And as TrueBlue82 mentioned, the Prayer Tower and CitiPlex Towers. 😉

I like the idea of the Tulsa skyline; I just don't understand not making it more accurate.  Feels a little cookie-cutter to me.

What ORU could have done with their court is another, more distinctive skyline, with the iconic shapes of all the buildings on campus:  the Prayer Tower, the LRC, Christ's Chapel, Howard Auditorium, the Praying Hands and Avenue of Flags, etc. - with the Mabee Center right in the middle.

• Like 1

How about photos on the 4 corners of the court....Old Titan....Bogus Smith....ORUTerry and TheEagleman.....4 old Alums.....😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

How about photos on the 4 corners of the court....Old Titan....Bogus Smith....ORUTerry and TheEagleman.....4 old Alums.....😎

John Candy No GIF by Laff

• Haha 1

The “old Bank of Oklahoma building” is more accurately called the “NBT (National Bank of Tulsa) building”. NBT was the bank’s name before they changed it to Bank of Oklahoma in 1975

58 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

The “old Bank of Oklahoma building” is more accurately called the “NBT (National Bank of Tulsa) building”. NBT was the bank’s name before they changed it to Bank of Oklahoma in 1975

Phil Hartman Yes GIF

Shooting "from the logo" not quite as big a deal with this larger version just outside the 3-point arc.

Now, shooting from "Eli"?  Whole nuther story! 💪🏾

13 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Shooting "from the logo" not quite as big a deal with this larger version just outside the 3-point arc.

Now, shooting from "Eli"?  Whole nuther story! 💪🏾

Quoting myself...being quoted. 😉

Cool video - I like the social media graphics along the sideline, though upon a second viewing the reflecting light looks eerily like spectral visages of bygone players.  #CantUnseeIt

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

TheEagleman give it a thumbs up!!👍

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

The University should secure a tradename for the term "Expect A Miracle" (if they haven't already).  It defines the vision and mission of so many things that we do at ORU.

In one brief phrase it encapsulates the founding principles of the institution we all hold dear. It is an iconic part of our court. Frankly, I'd be VERY disappointed if any court design in the future doesn't include it. It is as much a part of the ORU legacy as the Eternal Flame logo. 

• Upvote 3