Schedule 22-23

Keenan Henderson

Yeah, I get it OT....sure it's not easy but hard to believe ORU can't at least get a low mid major D-1 school as a more attractive opponent for the Alums who have made the weekend trip to Tulsa...even if we have to pay a few dollars or give them a home/home deal.....John Brown?....he's still a-mouldering in the grave, isn't he?....😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know if overall Homecoming attendance has benefited from the switch to the fall semester? As far as I can tell, it seems to have diminished if anything.

Change it back to February and take your chances with the weather. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That's a pretty amazing attitude from TU fans! Love it! When you consider that a fair number of ORU grads have gone to TU for graduate degrees, and some have either taught at TU, or worked at TU, or are currently working at TU, there is no reason for animosity between the schools. I get that sports stirs up a lot of emotion, and you want YOUR school to be the big dog in town. Both schools have been up and down when it comes to winning seasons and star players. Throw in a lot of coaching changes and new presidents and new ADs, and you've got a recipe for occasional chaos!

It greatly benefits the Tulsa community (and Oklahoma) when BOTH schools are doing well and growing and drawing positive national attention.

• Upvote 1

It just makes sense financially and for fan bases for schools that are only 7 miles apart play each other. That is also true for regional schools (OU, OSU, Arkansas, WSU, etc.)

• Upvote 1

Little off topic but last year ORU played Southwestern Christian University for Homecoming and had the Sweet 16 banner presentation.  Does anyone have a picture of the Sweet 16 Banner in the Mabee Center?  For those of us who never go to Tulsa, it would be nice to see.  Thanks

4 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Little off topic but last year ORU played Southwestern Christian University for Homecoming and had the Sweet 16 banner presentation.  Does anyone have a picture of the Sweet 16 Banner in the Mabee Center?  For those of us who never go to Tulsa, it would be nice to see.  Thanks

Here you go!

Banner.bmp

• Thanks 1

As I recall reading (but I wasn't there), the team was present, the spot light was on the curtain over the banner, and the announcement was made...only no one was up on the catwalk to actually do the unveiling.

The banner was revealed later in the contest, with no team present and much less fanfare; correct? 😳

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

John Brown???...A total lack of respect for Alumni which is what happens when there are 0 ORU Alums running the University and athletic program.... Boooooooooo!!!!🤮

Right part of my reason for coming was a decent basketball game🏀

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

As I recall reading (but I wasn't there), the team was present, the spot light was on the curtain over the banner, and the announcement was made...only no one was up on the catwalk to actually do the unveiling.

The banner was revealed later in the contest, with no team present and much less fanfare; correct? 😳

Tulsa World just said this; didn't talk about the empty catwalk at the beginning:

The university unveiled two banners, one commemorating the Golden Eagles’ run at last year's NCAA Tournament, the other honoring the Summit League title, during halftime homecoming ceremonies.

4 hours ago, titansforever said:

Tulsa World just said this; didn't talk about the empty catwalk at the beginning:

The university unveiled two banners, one commemorating the Golden Eagles’ run at last year's NCAA Tournament, the other honoring the Summit League title, during halftime homecoming ceremonies.

Yeah, I seem to recall the first attempt was during pre-game activities.

I chalk it up to being out of practice with the whole banner-hanging process.

And you know what they say:  practice makes perfect.

Just gonna have to earn another banner or two this year to get some more reps in...

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Old Titan said:

This is correct. They had us all staring at the rafters for at least 120 seconds before they decided to bail. Very very awkward. 

• Haha 1

The (former) student worker who had been briefed on the sequence of events repeatedly - for some reason decided to take a break and leave the catwalk during the unveiling....

Hopefully the student wasn't on a smoke break! Maybe that is why they are a former student!

Updated 8/26/22

NOVEMBER

Nov 7 (Mon) -- at St. Mary's

NOV 11 (FRI) -- JOHN BROWN (Homecoming) 

Nov 14 (Mon) -- at Houston

Nov 15 (Tue) -- at Texas Southern

Nov. 22 (Tue) -- at Utah State

DECEMBER

Dec 3 (Sat) -- at Tulsa

DEC 10 (SAT) -- CENTRAL ARKANSAS

DEC. 12 (MON) -- LIBERTY

DEC 16 (FRI) -- MISSOURI STATE

DEC 19 (MON) -- SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

DEC 21 (WED) -- SOUTH DAKOTA

TENTATIVE -- @ Oklahoma State, @ Texas-Arlington

Playing at Utah State on 11/22 is SO much better than playing at Washington State on 11/17:  more rest between games, closer & easier travel, great mid-major match-up.  Love it!

AND THANK GOD JAYCEE CARROLL GRADUATED & STEW MORRILL RETIRED!!

• Like 1