Well, now what?

Old Titan

38 minutes ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

Coach Mills released a statement 15 hours ago on twitter. Frankly surprised at the overreaction from this. At the end of the day, Grant Nelson punched Eli Lufile. 

I am also not exactly sure why there is all this hand wringing about ORU apologizing?

Apologize for WHAT exactly? NDSU hitting one our guys in the face?

Punching somebody in the face and then acting like YOU are somehow a victim is clown behavior.

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

LOL - and not just any guy; the team's de facto enforcer.

I have seen the tape a couple of times. Any ideas what set Lufile off like that? Something happen at the end? He was building a head of steam until Weaver tripped him up. That would have really been a scary scene if he had gotten there. Would have been hard to control those guys on both teams. 

Was Abmas really still in the game at the end of the game? Now that makes no sense especially playing against walk ons who have a tendency to be bull in china shop types. 

No real need to still be pressing at the end and can't blame a walk on for trying to score. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Punching somebody in the face and then acting like YOU are somehow a victim is clown behavior.

Yeah, but so is getting your butt kicked on the road and then prompting a melee during a traditional post-game exercise of sportsmanship.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Old Titan said:

Yeah, but so is getting your butt kicked on the road and then prompting a melee during a traditional exercise in sportsmanship.

Acting immature is a little different than sucker punching somebody.

1 minute ago, darrenj said:

I have seen the tape a couple of times. Any ideas what set Lufile off like that? Something happen at the end? He was building a head of steam until Weaver tripped him up. That would have really been a scary scene if he had gotten there. Would have been hard to control those guys on both teams. 

Was Abmas really still in the game at the end of the game? Now that makes no sense especially playing against walk ons who have a tendency to be bull in china shop types. 

No real need to still be pressing at the end and can't blame a walk on for trying to score. 

Grant Nelson of NDSU punched him. 

Kinda hard to see, but some others have examined it frame-by-frame like the Zapruder film and say it's there. 

No confirmation whether Keith Hernandez was spotted spitting on anyone. #Seinfeld

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Yeah, but so is getting your butt kicked on the road and then prompting a melee during a traditional post-game exercise of sportsmanship.

The same sportsmanship as a breakaway dunk 2 seconds after the buzzer went off?  

Just now, Dr. Cornelius said:

Acting immature is a little different than sucker punching somebody.

I know, I know, but one of them is supposed to be an adult!  LOL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

The same sportsmanship as a breakaway dunk 2 seconds after the buzzer went off?  

One was bad judgement by a walk-on college student in the heat of battle; the other was by an adult making six figures in postgame.  No, not the same at all.

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Grant Nelson of NDSU punched him. 

Kinda hard to see, but some others have examined it frame-by-frame like the Zapruder film and say it's there. 

No confirmation whether Keith Hernandez was spotted spitting on anyone. #Seinfeld

Back and to the left....

PleasingSimpleIbisbill-size_restricted.g

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Old Titan said:

One was bad judgement by a walk-on college student in the heat of battle; the other was by an adult making six figures in postgame.  No, not the same at all.

I don’t think anyone is upset about the walk on making a layup with 8 seconds left. The unsportsmanlike bush league move was #23 dunking the ball 2 seconds AFTER the buzzer sounded. 

1 minute ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

I don’t think anyone is upset about the walk on making a layup with 8 seconds left. The unsportsmanlike bush league move was #23 dunking the ball 2 seconds AFTER the buzzer sounded. 

Plenty of "unsportsmanlike bush league moves" the last minute or so.  Bad look for all involved.

Actually I would not be adverse to chipping in......won a couple hundred last night thanks to the Bison which makes the ORU loss a little easier to take........lol😉

#23 was dumb, as was their whole bench jumping up and cheering. Should have been scolded by the NDSU coaching staff and it wasn't. Mills should've walked off the floor and used it as bulletin board material for March. Punishment seems a little heavy handed to me, though it's probably reasonable. 

Honestly, this is a good thing for the Summit League. A bit embarrassing for ORU.

1 minute ago, EagleManiac said:

#23 was dumb, as was their whole bench jumping up and cheering. Should have been scolded by the NDSU coaching staff and it wasn't. Mills should've walked off the floor and used it as bulletin board material for March. Punishment seems a little heavy handed to me, though it's probably reasonable. 

Honestly, this is a good thing for the Summit League. A bit embarrassing for ORU.

I don't think many of us realize what a big night this was for NDSU; battle for 2nd Place and all that entails, several seniors plus junior Sam Griesel playing their last home games this weekend, big push all week leading up to pack the house, then playing what they themselves are calling their most complete game of the year. 

Having their bench players get a taste late was icing on the cake.  Emotions running a little too high there at the end.

TheEagleman doesn't feel embarrassed....in fact, I think it showed we have some life left in us....that was a dismal performance but at least the guys stood up for their coach and took offense when the Bison tried to "spit in our face"....hopefully it motivates our lads....if this doesn't....what will it take???....NDSU was laughing at us at the end......😮

3 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Jokes on the Summit League. ORU doesn't show up for the first half anyway 🤷‍♂️

LAUGHED OUT LOUD - WELL PLAYED, SIR, WELL PLAYED! 🤣