Well, now what?

Old Titan

2 minutes ago, HoopsBison said:

Wont speak for everyone but I dont have an issue with ORU pressing down 20 late, you want to play til the end and thats fine. For me its more so the fouling with the shot clocked turned off. NDSU had pulled their starters, they were content with running out the clock. At one point it looked like ORU was ready to back off as well but an NDSU player went down with an injury and ORU decided to come out and press again, NDSU broke the press and a walk-on player for ndsu took the lay up and points. Some say Mills wasnt mad about that but if you watch the broadcast as soon as NDSU makes that lay up Mills is staring down the NDSU bench.

Yea I think (hope) that foul was an accident, though Mills didn't seem to be surprised which I found odd. I missed the Mills' staredown, I'll have to see if I can find that. Thanks for the perspective. 

Current Google search results for "ORU Basketball", before you even click on the "News" button.

Classic contrast in "journalism" styles:  one man's "scuffle" is another man's "wild brawl".  🤣

Screenshot 2022-02-18 120200.jpg

If you hit a guy in the mouth he's probably gonna try to come after you... I notice how nobody is asking Richman about that.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

If you hit a guy in the mouth he's probably gonna try to come after you...

LOL - and not just any guy; the team's de facto enforcer.

Bison Report would be the same bastion for objective journalism operating out of his mom's basement that is currently in the midst of a Twitter war with Oklahoma Lt Governor and ORU alum Mitt Pinnell, and who Thursday night reported that the altercation was "typical of a Paul Mills-coached team", whatever that means...

Gotta love Matt Pinnel's posts! Not sure the whole story yet but my biggest concern is we may lose DJ Weaver in the transfer portal to Alabama! Rumor has it Nick Saban loved DJ's for ever famous tackle!!

*sigh*

First "official" comment from ORU.

Not from the athletic director.

Nor, from the coach.

Not a press release from the athletic department, or even the university.

Nope; it's a "tweet" from the personal account of the school president.

Some things at ORU never change...smh

Not sure why you are surprised?

But look at the bright side, it's not like an athlete raped someone and they're covering it up. 

Grieved?.....geez....nobody died, right?   :hc_mills:

Coach Mills released a statement 15 hours ago on twitter. Frankly surprised at the overreaction from this. At the end of the day, Grant Nelson punched Eli Lufile. 

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

*sigh*

First "official" comment from ORU.

Not from the athletic director.

Nor, from the coach.

Not a press release from the athletic department, or even the university.

Nope; it's a "tweet" from the personal account of the school president.

Some things at ORU never change...smh

🤦‍♂️

20 minutes ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

Coach Mills released a statement 15 hours ago on twitter. Frankly surprised at the overreaction from this. At the end of the day, Grant Nelson punched Eli Lufile. 

Sorry, but a late-night, hotel tweet from the personal account of the head basketball coach hardly rates as any kind of official "statement".

If that were true, I would hate to think what Mike Leach's employers at Texas Tech, Washington State, amd Mississippi State would be forced to respond to re: Halloween candy, the pirate code, and COVID restrictions:

coach-leach-tweet.png?w=473

From the SL

has issued the maximum $5,000 fines to both Paul Mills AND David Richman for last night's altercation. Also, Elijah Lufile and Jamie Bergans from ORU & Grant Nelson and Boden Skunberg will have to sit out the 1st Half of their games tomorrow.

Sounds like fair punishment to TheEagleman.....Eli can rest up for the 2nd half vs. North Dakota....and $5K not horrible for our beloved Coach......time to move on.....but TheEagleman will be grieved if we don't get a chance to play the Bison again in Sioux Falls....😎

11 minutes ago, HoopsBison said:

From the SL

has issued the maximum $5,000 fines to both Paul Mills AND David Richman for last night's altercation. Also, Elijah Lufile and Jamie Bergans from ORU & Grant Nelson and Boden Skunberg will have to sit out the 1st Half of their games tomorrow.

Hey, an hour earlier than I thought it would be!

Will the two fan bases start GoFundMe campaigns for their respective coaches?

C'mon, Eagleman - get it started with your easy winnings from last night. 😎