ORU at NDSU

ORUTerry

Personally, I like Dave Richman; I think he's the best coach in the league.  His teams always improve throughout the season and play their best in March.  But I too hate playing in Fargo; it's easily been the worst road trip of the year for ORU season after season, with a combination of dirty play, obnoxious fans, and suspect regional officiating from refs we NEVER see in Tulsa.

Exact opposite opinion about SDSU:  I don't like their smug coach and their oft-times diva star players, but the environment at their place doesn't seem near as hostile as the NDSU "Shac", nor do I recall as many officiating shenanigans over the years in Brookings as in Fargo.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:39 PM, ORUIllini said:

I could do with less of the Boden.

I love the passion from Big Maple.

Just need to move on and beat ND.

I certainly think KC is playing well right now and can help us out on Saturday…..

Beat ND - check

Help from KC - check!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Personally, I like Dave Richman; I think he's the best coach in the league.  His teams always improve throughout the season and play their best in March. 

A quick review of the KC game thread at Bisonville would say the objective faithful in Fargo don’t share your appreciation of Richman 😂 but today they agree with us on Summit League officiating. Cry me a river. 

Michigan/Wisconsin post game fisticuffs today makes ORU/NDSU incident look like a love fest...Jawan Howard in serious trouble...😬

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Michigan/Wisconsin post game fisticuffs today makes ORU/NDSU incident look like a love fest...Jawan Howard in serious trouble...😬

It looks like coach Mills has launched an epidemic of handshake line violence throughout all levels of basketball as outlined in the attached Tulsa World article from todays edition!!

And now the Juwan Howard punch seen round the world.  I completely agree Eagleman, the Big Ten will throw the book at Juwan Howard for that move, he could very well lose his job. 

After back-to-back incidents, is it time to eliminate the postgame handshake line_ _ ORU Sports Extra _ tulsaworld.com.pdf

No more handshake lines...players and coaches should just waive at each other like in the NBA...😮

45 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

No more handshake lines...players and coaches should just waive at each other like in the NBA...😮

I have to disagree with you on that Eagleman, the whole purpose of college, high school and particularly youth sports is encapsulated in the handshake line. The true life lesson of sportsmanship, controlling your emotions and being able to play a hard fought game and then win or lose shake your opponents hand is what sports is all about.

The NBA just waving, who cares, that's fine. But for kids don't change the rule, change the behavior! If kids can't learn to control themselves and shake the opponents hand they shouldn't be allowed to play, and if the coaches cant control themselves and conduct themselves like gentlemen (or Ladies in women's sports) they shouldn't be allowed to coach youth sports, or be fined, suspended or fired if they are representing a high school or university. 

It's ridiculous to change the rule, I was joking in my earlier post about coach Mills starting an epidemic of handshake line violence, but like OT posted so correctly right after our incident at NDSU, we will now- even more so- be mentioned in the limitless amount of news coverage that will be generated by the Juwan Howard incident. And the opinions that the HS line should be eliminated- "even ORU cant control themselves" etc, etc...there are definitely unintended consequences!

I hope the conferences step in hard and this conduct stops, the handshake line isn't the problem the bad behavior is!!!

• Upvote 1

OK that was waaaaay worse than ours. Lots of punches thrown, including one by a head coach. Wild. 🤣

You're right, 40. Keep the handshake. Howard's choice will keep us in the national spotlight in an negative light a little longer than anticipated. The punishment handed down by the Summit commissioner will be scrutinized more as well. The best fix for ORU is for Coach Mills to make sure this never happens again and WIN! WIN! WIN! 

A reporter from Wisconsin asked Howard about that in the post-game presser. The reporter sounded like the NDSU fans, "Why press, if you want the Badgers to back off?". Howard said they weren't pressing. They were playing full-court man. Sounds like semantics. 😉

The other thread about Mills apologizing to the fans was locked so I'm hijacking this thread.  🤐

Coach Mills did come to the SDSU game pre-game dinner and apologized to the fans.  He explained that he said something to the NDSU coach (who he said is a friend) and it blew up.  He said there was only one punch thrown and it wasn't from ORU.  He talked about reform being necessary with an apology.  He said the right things.

Now maybe he should apologize for the basketball played in those last few games.  😞

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/19/2022 at 11:09 AM, Old Titan said:

Personally, I like Dave Richman; I think he's the best coach in the league.  His teams always improve throughout the season and play their best in March.  But I too hate playing in Fargo; it's easily been the worst road trip of the year for ORU season after season, with a combination of dirty play, obnoxious fans, and suspect regional officiating from refs we NEVER see in Tulsa.

Exact opposite opinion about SDSU:  I don't like their smug coach and their oft-times diva star players, but the environment at their place doesn't seem near as hostile as the NDSU "Shac", nor do I recall as many officiating shenanigans over the years in Brookings as in Fargo.

lol this is a bad take.  not 1 good win in 7years unfortunately 

Not ONE good win in 7 years? Geez, Lakes....that seems a bit harsh....🍺