ORU at NDSU

ORUTerry

McBride is listed as a game time decision on a YAHOO SPORTS injury report.....is he hurt?  sick?....would be a key bench loss this week....😮   :shield-logo::NDSU:

17 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Hoping DJ finds his rhythm tonight.  He has been off the last couple of games.  DJ has been in the program for 4 years and now is his time to shine for the Golden Eagles.

Who’s DJ??

Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

What a bunch of debbie downers around here. ORU by six, 72-66. 

5 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

McBride is listed as a game time decision on a YAHOO SPORTS injury report.....is he hurt?  sick?....would be a key bench loss this week....😮   

This is concerning, but how would Yahoo Sports even know? If orusports.com isn't aware of it, I seriously doubt Yahoo Sports has got the scoop. Hopefully this is an error. If not, I'd have to revise my prediction. 

I don't know if I've mentioned it before; but we need to get away from the 3 small guard line up, tonight and for the rest of the season. We need to shorten our bench and play our best players. For the rest of the season we need to play our best defenders and rebounders and our guys that are mentally and physically tough! This time of year it's not about making the exciting big plays, it's about doing the little things right and not making dumb mistakes. Tough D, minimal turnovers, making our FT's boxing out and rebounding strong, good passes at the right time and good shot selection are what win late in the year. 

It's time to cut the crap and get after it! We have 4 games before the conference tourney that include 2 against the teams we will need to beat if we want to go back to the big dance. We have to win with who we have available, it's time for our players to step up. The pinnacle of the wizard of westwoods pyramid of success is competitive greatness, being at your best when your best is needed!!  Go Eagles!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Yes to all of that above, 40!....and yeah, how would Yahoo Sports know about ORU injuries?.....Old Titan or ORUTerry would know way before them...and Coach Mills is VERY secretive.....:hc_mills:

Spot on ORU40 and well stated.  I agree 100% and this is what I was meaning in my post above.  It is time we play like winners for 40 minutes each game.

29 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

I don't know if I've mentioned it before; but we need to get away from the 3 small guard line up...

Yeah, maybe once or twice (lol).

Cosmo Kramer Yes GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ORU40 said:

I don't know if I've mentioned it before; but we need to get away from the 3 small guard line up,

Wish I’d thought of that 😂

McBride is shown on the ORU MBB Instagram account shooting the ball in a pregame practice….

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Old Titan said:

NDSU is not the same team that visited the Mabee Center last month. They have not one but two front line players back from injury and playing major minutes. They are simply huge, and in close games at home they are pounding it inside down the stretch and living at the free throw line. 

Simply a terrible match-up for a team like ORU that can’t/won’t defend the post. Nothing short of a torrent of made threes will be required to stay in this game. 

NDSU with Nelson is the best team in the league.

If the guys play the typical first half we have seen over the past 4-5 games NDSU could win by 40.

The wheels have come off...Max shooting like my mother....😬

4 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Anyone watching the game on TV, what was the scuffle at the end of the game?

mills went thru line fast.  Boden talked to him then maleeck clapped in his face then your #1 came in like a wrecking ball

1 minute ago, lakesbison said:

mills went thru line fast.  Boden talked to him then maleeck clapped in his face then your #1 came in like a wrecking ball

A wrecking ball is accurate he had to be taken down what a scary sight that must have been! Congrats on a great win🏀

Typical Dakota type behavior. Would have liked to see Lufile connect with one of those punks.

What kind of coach joins their player in clapping in the opposing coaches face during the handshake line?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lakesbison said:

Boden is garbage. Act like you've beaten a good team before. Kid is pathetic.