ORU vs. Tulsa

ORUTerry

8 hours ago, vcboy2000 said:

My favorite part of the game was being extremely hostile to the refs whenever they made a horrible call, telling Haith to stop whining about missed calls, and yelling defense until I lost my voice late in the second half. We gave our guys so much energy and they needed it to finish strong. Now I'm resting my vocal chords to take the same energy with a small group a of friends down to Fort Worth to give them that same energy on the road. Let me know if you can hear us on the TV broadcast. WAR EAGLES!!!

Golden Eagles Oru GIF by Oral Roberts University

Orubasketball GIF by ORU Athletics

• Like 1

I think the calls evened out at worst, as they normally do. Here's the Tulsa World photo of when Max didn't get fouled at 10:21 of the first half. Note the position of Heywood's foot and hand:

Max no-call 1021.jpg

• Upvote 1

Wow I couldn't believe that a foul wasn't called, so I went and pulled it up on the ORU app and you're right - no foul called. Unreal. It looks even worse on video and this was the first time Max came up hobbling. Somehow, I don't remember this play at all. 

Forgot to mention this yesterday - when was the last time the Mayor presented this trophy? It's a shame Bynum didn't make it a priority to attend the game. 

4 hours ago, ORUTex said:

I think the calls evened out at worst, as they normally do. Here's the Tulsa World photo of when Max didn't get fouled at 10:21 of the first half. Note the position of Heywood's foot and hand:

Max no-call 1021.jpg

This play broke my years long streak of not yelling at the refs. It was a terrible missed call. I was about 25 feet away from it. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, OKC Eagle said:

This play broke my years long streak of not yelling at the refs. It was a terrible missed call. I was about 25 feet away from it. 

By "years" you must mean 2. 🤣

So what is Coach Haith's excuse after last night's loss to Loyola Marymount?....TheEagleman watched most of the game and TU was just terrible.....and LMU not that much better but finished the game on a 9-0 run......plus plenty of empty seats...looked like an ORU women's game......😮

A flagrant foul was called on one of TU's players and he was ejected from the game. That might have affected team spirit.

45 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

So what is Coach Haith's excuse after last night's loss to Loyola Marymount?....TheEagleman watched most of the game and TU was just terrible.....and LMU not that much better but finished the game on a 9-0 run......plus plenty of empty seats...looked like an ORU women's game......😮

Yea... That attendance is going to get Haith fired. They may not want to pay him out but no one is going to those games right now. That team isn't making the tourney and they will have to cut the cord and hire a young guy again. That will win some games and then go elsewhere.:) Which they will gripe about again. 

TheEagleman thought that the Flagrant 2 foul on TU was a bit excessive....hard to say the foot to the chest was intentional but the LMU player grabbing the foot was surely intentional....not a great call by the officials but it ended up a wash since fouls called on both players and didn't affect the outcome.....I have to say that ORU games are a lot more exciting than that snoozer.....and ESPN continues to show TU games but never schedules an ORU game?.....wouldn't ORU/OSU have been exciting?...yes....and ORU/TU?...yes......ORU/Missouri State?....probably....somebody in Bristol, CT needs to start taking notice.....come on, man!!!....😎

TU is not going to turn out to be a good win for us it looks like. At this point, our only wins are Quad 4 and it doesn't looks like that TU win is going to move up at all, unfortunately.

It's a bummer, but watching the mounting frustration over there is somewhat enjoyable. Thankful that our board never got NEARLY as dark and angry at our lowest points as theirs has gotten right now. 

Drink up, TU Fans.....at least they have the Myrtle Beach/TaxAct Bowl to look forward to....😎

Just read the TU message board. Boy they are in the dumpster! I'm going to have to take a shower to get rid of the crap that was thrown at me. I agree even at ORU's lowest point it was nothing like what I saw on their board. What do they expect though Frank Haith left a program that was gald to get rid of him. I saw this coming way back when.

TU fans have been like this for 50 years and getting worse by the year.......let's face it....ORU Student Body wasn't wrong in their chant.......🍺👍🍺

It truly is one of the most negative fan forums I have ever come across. Even when they’re winning, they complain about not enough recognition, or how their coach or the refs cost them whatever games they didn’t win. When they’re not attacking opposing fans on their forum, they’re ripping into each other.

Really depressing; and I don’t see things getting much better for them any time soon. It does not appear that their new president, long-time local politician Brad Carson, is at all interested in a strong athletic program.