ORU vs. Tulsa

ORUTerry

Consensus Vegas lines now have ORU -2, with the total anywhere from 142.5 to 144.5.

CBSSports.com "expert pick" likes TU to cover the two, and likes the "over" at 142.5.

KenPom has ORU by 1, 71-70, just under the total. 

I think the Sagarin predicter also likes Tulsa, but frankly I have trouble interpreting his stuff; someone else be my guest:

Screenshot 2021-11-29 113049.jpg

TheEagleman is taking ORU (-1) and the Over (143.5).....piece of cake.....TU gets what's coming to them......ORU 88 TU 59......Max goes off for 40.....GO BLUE!!!.....:shield-logo:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Also mixing in a zone would be helpful to keep Weaver and Lacis out of foul trouble.  Coach Mills cannot just let the Hurricane play bully ball against the smaller Eagles.  

I think this is probably the key.

If the game is called tight and becomes a rock fight it favors TU. Can't let them impose their plodding grind it out style

• Upvote 1

To quote the famous line from the movie Rudy......NOBODY....and I mean NOBODY comes into Mabee Center and pushes us around.....See the source image Time to get

nasty tonight, boys....and Time to crush TU....it's been a long time.....TOO LONG.....and to quote another famous line from the movie Hoosiers.......son, let's Kick Their Butt!!... do it for TheEagleman.....just this

once.....PLEASE....or they may have to lock me up....Image result for shooter in hoosiers photos

ORU needs to slow down Horne tonight.  He is a super senior from the University of Colorado that can score inside and out.  Guessing Lacis will match up and defend him.  It felt like the Eagles turned the corner against OSU, so hopefully that will continue tonight.  A win  would probably be Coach Mills best victory besides the March 2021 run.

Haith sent some bum out there to tackle Max. He knows it's the only chance he has.

I’m just glad there are students at the game. TU fans are pretty quiet. The parking lot wasn’t anywhere near as full as it was for the OSU game. 

PTL!!! We finally did it!! God Bless Mad Max and Coach Mills!!...Huge win for the Good Guys....we are better than TU and finally proved it!!!😎👍😎

How in the world do we get pushed around on the inside and completely dominated in the paint and not give Lufile, Clover, Plet or Herron ANY playing time?  I'm puzzled by not giving ANY one of those guys a chance to defend TU's length.  We were very fortunate to get the win.  Max took it over and clearly was the difference but we were very one dimensional tonight.  

Go Big Blue!

Rob

• Upvote 1

Great game and very exciting at the end! What a block by DJ, seven blocks in the last two games.  Maybe he will become a great shot blocker.  ORU shoots 41 threes and 14 twos.  That must be some kind of record.  Max with 38 points and six assists.  Seems healthy after that early fall. Great to see the guys celebrating and holding the Mayor's Cup! 

TU played strong and did not give up.  Horne is an all-star type of player.  They will probably be an NIT team.

I thought Coach Mills and Max nailed it on the head in the post game show.  This team showed heart and RESILIENCE tonight.  Tough game, tough win!

I also need to give props to the officiating crew.  Although they missed some calls tonight, the late block by DJ was key - and they made the right call.  He made an incredibly athletic play, and refs will often take the easy road out and blow the whistle, because... well, there's no way someone should be able to physically make that block cleanly and before the ball hits the backboard.  I guarantee you that a large majority of Summit League officials would have blown their whistle on that play. 

I absolutely LOVE beating Tulsa!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, titansforever said:

Today is my birthday, and winning this game was all I wanted!!!

Happy BD!!  What a great “present!”

27 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Great game and very exciting at the end! What a block by DJ, seven blocks in the last two games.  Maybe he will become a great shot blocker.  ORU shoots 41 threes and 14 twos.  That must be some kind of record.  Max with 38 points and six assists.  Seems healthy after that early fall. Great to see the guys celebrating and holding the Mayor's Cup! 

TU played strong and did not give up.  Horne is an all-star type of player.  They will probably be an NIT team.

Horne was excellent. He hit some very difficult shots and kept TU in it pretty much singlehandedly.