Max Abmas / Mock Drafts

ORUalum

Fascinating decision with ripple effect in so many directions:

• How many preseason All-America teams will Max make?  Could he be a first-teamer?
  • What will Max’s box office effect mean for scheduling, both home & away?
  • Any pick-&-pop bigs in the portal who might now want to share the spotlight with Max?
  • Where does transfer point guard Issac McBride fit in the picture now?  Does he transfer to his fourth school in two years?
  • Where do I buy my “MidCourtMax” t-shirt to put a couple of bucks in the young man’s pocket?

Totally agree! I think Max returning to school might just be the first shoe to drop. Don’t count KO as gone just yet!

If by some chance Kevin did return to ORU, the Golden Eagles would begin the season getting votes in all the Top 25 polls.

It was a more than $20...a lot more...and TheEagleman will try to get to Tulsa for a game or two in 2022....:shield-logo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They will get some even without KO. Absmus and KO get all the publicity. But this team was deep last year and EVERYONE (minus maybe KO) is coming back!

18 minutes ago, Old Titan said:
  • Where do I buy my “MidCourtMax” t-shirt to put a couple of bucks in the young man’s pocket?

Max needs an attorney to trademark #MidCourtMax quickly.  As a matter of fact, who needs a stinkin' attorney???!!!  Anyone can get on the Oklahoma Secretary of State site and get it done right now! 😀 

11 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

If by some chance Kevin did return to ORU, the Golden Eagles would begin the season getting votes in all the Top 25 polls.

I think ORU would be in the lower-tier of the Top 25 if KO were to return.  It would put a lot of pressure on the team, but I think a win over OSU and/or TCU would solidify their stature.  Even without KO, I think that ORU will be a team on everyone's radar.

First of all, though....ORU needs to win the Summit League - something it hasn't done for a LONG time.  Let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

• Like 1

I agree that KO probably could do just as well if not better staying at ORU.  He is a great talent but any program he goes to he will be the FNG and will have to learn and fit into a new system whereas at ORU he and the team hopefully will be able to pick up where they left off at the end of the season.  He already knows the system and is familiar with everyone involved plus the staff knows his strengths and how to play the game to accommodate those skills.  At any other school it will take time to work into all of that.  Finally, if we can keep the ball rolling as a program he and the team should be getting a lot of love nationally with a lot of exposure.  At ORU he is a big fish in a small pond.  Anywhere else he is the new guy and at a P-5 program there are already a lot of egos who probably do not want to share the stage with him.  

BTW, just saw OT's post from Coach Mills.  Anyone care to guess what Coach means by stating:  "Watch what's next"?

Anyone know when the deadline is for the players in the portal to make their decisions? 

Bring back the flame and Go Big Blue!

Rob

9 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

I think ORU would be in the lower-tier of the Top 25 if KO were to return.  It would put a lot of pressure on the team, but I think a win over OSU and/or TCU would solidify their stature.  Even without KO, I think that ORU will be a team on everyone's radar.

First of all, though....ORU needs to win the Summit League - something it hasn't done for a LONG time.  Let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

I’m not talking about realistic expectations; I’m talking about perception in the eyes of the voters on the poll.

ORU would be returning their entire starting five, plus sixth man DJ Weaver, from a Sweet Sixteen appearance. That would translate to at least a “receiving votes” ranking just outside the actual Top 25 when preseason polls come out in October  

Frankly, though, if Kevin’s not back, I would pick SDSU to win the league.

Too many question marks along the baseline for the Golden Eagles heading into this season.  We’re going to find out just how valuable Kevin really was…

1 hour ago, titansforever said:

I won’t be able to sleep tonight! 

Me either, Titansforever.  I just took an Ambien so I need to sign off soon.  I can't be responsible for opkndcs ucnh sowuijkfsdm...

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

Anyone care to guess what Coach means by stating:  "Watch what's next"?

I believe it's all about big things ahead for Max...  watch how high his ceiling really is during the upcoming season...

4 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I’m not talking about realistic expectations; I’m talking about perception in the eyes of the voters on the poll.

ORU would be returning their entire starting five, plus sixth man DJ Weaver, from a Sweet Sixteen appearance. That would translate to at least a “receiving votes” ranking just outside the actual Top 25 when preseason polls come out in October  

Too many question marks along the baseline for the Golden Eagles heading into this season.  We’re going to find out just how valuable Kevin really was…

Yeah that is a good point.  ORU was manhandled on the boards last year and that was with K.O. grabbing around 10 a game.  Who is going to fill that void? Lufile will add some bulk inside but he will need some help.  How ready are Clover and Sir Isaac? 

4 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

Me either, Titansforever.  I just took an Ambien so I need to sign off soon.  I can't be responsible for opkndcs ucnh sowuijkfsdm...

Covfefe 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Yeah that is a good point.  ORU was manhandled on the boards last year and that was with K.O. grabbing around 10 a game.  Who is going to fill that void? Lufile will add some bulk inside but he will need some help.  How ready are Clover and Sir Isaac? 

All good points.  We were manhandled on the boards during the Tournament.  If we don't do a better job of handling a big lineup, we will get the same results.  We have shooters - we are going to be fun to watch!  But if we don't get our share of rebounds, we will be another 18-10 team looking from the outside again.

I'm not one to say that I told you so.

Actually, I am. I told you so.

One day you chuckleheads will start listening to me. 🤣

10 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

It was a more than $20...a lot more...and TheEagleman will try to get to Tulsa for a game or two in 2022....:shield-logo:

Just fly down to DFW and go to the game at TCU. Meet you there!:)