Trey Phipps

eagle88

Just heard from one of my employees that Trey Phipps is coming  to ORU! Can anyone else confirm?

Thank you. He should be a good fit for us. Hopefully this means Coach Mills is staying.

Whether he is a star, major contributor or flop for ORU (I certainly hope it's the first one), I love the message this sends that a player recruited to a Big 12 school now wants to go to ORU.

• Like 1

This is huge, guys! The kid can really ball. TU fans were heart broken when he withdrew his commitment to go to OU. I'm sure they're really happy now lol! That Mayor's Cup game will be a dandy next year 🤣

Now let's go get some height.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vcboy2000 said:

This is huge, guys! The kid can really ball. TU fans were heart broken when he withdrew his commitment to go to OU. I'm sure they're really happy now lol! That Mayor's Cup game will be a dandy next year 🤣

Yes! height

11 hours ago, jmg1984 said:

Yes! height

6' 10' Sir Isaac committed to ORU, I see...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vcboy2000 said:

Trey can score for sure! He was one of the top scorers on the U17 Under Armor AAU circuit (3rd overall).

He will have to improve on defense though... But seeing the huge improvements Carlos made over the course of this season I think Trey can do it.

That is a nice pickup and maybe he is still considered a freshman, since last year did not technically count.  With Sir Isaac and Trey on board for next year, it would seem that ORU has used up all their scholarships for 21-22.  Unless someone transfers or decides to graduate early, next year's roster is full. 

Looking back, Trey scored 7 points against ORU back in Dec. 2020 in Norman.   The Eagles may have also signed him with the thought that Max may go into the NBA now.  So Trey and RJ Glasper would help fill that loss, not that you ever could replace Max!

In the Trey Phipps article in today's World, it said that Sheldon Stevens has entered the transfer portal. 😞 

Would Trey have to redshirt next year?  Verbal Commits for ORU basketball has him listed as a transfer that will need to redshirt.  It seems like the NCAA has given all transfers a free pass this year because of the Covid.  Anybody have any insights on this?

No transfer has to sit out this year. Phipps can play immediately. I think this transfer rule is only for this year, but the NCAA is considering whether to make it permanent. 

I see it already, Trey bringing the ball up, him and Max running the pick and pop at the logo, and if that isn’t open, KO waiting for another pick and pop at the 3 point line. Widest open offense in the country. 

If Max is back, does anyone really see his role changing much from what it was during ORU’s magical March?

Hes gonna play 35+ minutes a game, he’s going to have the ball in his hands out top whenever ORU is the half-court offense, and he’s going to be running the show off high screens.

Right out of the “Why Steph Curry Returned to Davidson for His Junior Year” playbook:  to work on becoming a complete point guard.

Phipps will rotate with Jurgens and Thompson, and will be afforded the same kind of catch-and-shoot-or-drive-to-the-hole opportunities that Carlos and Kareem enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5