Publicity (March Madness 2021)

ORUTerry

Stephen A. Smith was talking about an ORU graduate named Galen Gordon who is now a Senior VP at ABC and was previously a coordinating producer at ESPN, and how Galen was touting ORU's basketball success to him.  I remember Galen Gordon, he was on my wing on Covenant on EMR 4 North during my senior year.

Shout out to Galen for the tremendous career success he has had and for representing ORU proudly to Stephen A. Smith. 👍

5 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

Covenant on EMR 4 North

My avatar...

TheEagleman just heard our morning sports talk show host on ESPN 97.5 in Philly spend 5 minutes talking about ORU and how awesome it was to see this little school from Tulsa get to the Sweet 16...when would that ever happen???....he also says he has a good friend who bet $500 on ORU with 16 points and straight up to win and got over $5K.....TheEagleman didn't have those kind of stones to bet  that much but the 2 wins are nice for my wallet....ORU is going to get chatted up all week all over the country in the sports world.....this is PHENOMENAL.....BILLY WILSON ARE YOU LISTENING??????.....😎:tb-white:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman just heard our morning sports talk show host on ESPN 97.5 in Philly spend 5 minutes talking about ORU and how awesome it was to see this little school from Tulsa get to the Sweet 16...when would that ever happen???....he also says he has a good friend who bet $500 on ORU with 16 points and straight up to win and got over $5K.....TheEagleman didn't have those kind of stones to bet  that much but the 2 wins are nice for my wallet....ORU is going to get chatted up all week all over the country in the sports world.....this is PHENOMENAL.....BILLY WILSON ARE YOU LISTENING??????.....😎:tb-white:

So true Eagleman! This week is going to be big for the university... hope they lean into it and are able to make the most of it.

THIS IS HUGE FOR ORU....back in 1974 there was no ESPN and the NCAA tournament was important but not national news and only 26 teams entered.....in fact our MidWest Regional Final vs. Kansas was only televised regionally in the Midwest.....the Arkansas game will be PRIME TIME on Saturday night on the East Coast and watched by MILLIONS nationwide.....this is just incredible and ORU better get ready for the inquiries that will come in from prospective students and athletes.....the school will reap Millions of $$$ in NCAA money....Summit League benefits also.....again, this is HUGE for ORU and Tulsa....if Max and KO happen to stay for another year get ready for a big jump in season tickets and this probably helps ORU get better opponents for non conference scheduling.....TheEagleman is still overwhelmed.....😀:tb-blue:

I listened to the halftime segment last night during the OSU vs. Oregon State game with Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, etc.  They showed the highlights of the ORU win vs. Florida and then Charles and Kenny had a discussion about Obanor and Abmas.  It was an interesting conversation.

Kenny Smith said that he would take a team with strong guard play over a team with better "bigs."  He remarked about how Abmas controls the game and he said that Abmas will be the best point guard on the floor vs. Arkansas.

Charles Barkley said that vs. both Ohio State and Florida that Abmas and Obanor were the 2 best players on the floor.  He also said that he thinks it is so ironic that ORU is being matched up with "40 minutes of Hell" Arkansas.  His question to the others was whether or not Abmas and Obanor will be the 2 best players on the floor vs. Arkansas or not.

It was 8 minutes of tremendous discussion with NBA greats talking about how great ORU's team is.  If I can find a link to just that segment, I will post it.

That is a great clip from Jim Rome. Shows a lot of love for ORU & Kevin Obanor/Paul Mills.  It is gold. 

GOLD. Honestly didn't even know Jim Rome was still around, but I love it. EVERYONE is rooting for us. 

Jim Rome is one of the best....straight shooter.....TheEagleman never thought he would see the day that Rome would be talking about ORU Basketball for 5+ minutes....Good Lord Almighty!!! :circle-logoi:

dd_show.jpg

Thank you Dr. Cornelius, these are amazing!! So much fun to here Dick Vitale talk about our guys, then say how Arkansas beat us, and then got better, but then finish by saying it's hard to bet against Max and KO!! It just all feels like a dream 😲

Also talked about how "coaches recruit off of a 'list' and miss a lot of guys that can play." I wonder if that was inspired by Kevin's "Don't let anyone put a number in front of your name"

We just got a golden bite of Ecpect a miracle from him, I'm sure it's not the first time idk, but he made a point to mention the supernatural presence you felt in ORU's second win especially. 

Then finishes the segment talking about Loyala and Sister jean, and how prayer works. He was in tears talking about the special moments he's experienced, that he relates with Loyola and Us as well. 

Good. Stuff. 🥲

As amazing as the games have been, it has been equally amazing to hear the coach and players talk about the victories and their mindset. It has been remarkably inspirational March madness gold. These guys are going to make the name Oral Roberts synonymous with March Madness. 

Am I too pumped up?

• Upvote 1