ORU at Oklahoma St.

theeagleman5

Season opener on Wednesday night and TheEagleman is not sure what to expect....I am still ticked that we only found out a  week ago that DJ Weaver has a serious knee injury that occurred at least six months ago....why all the secrecy?....oh well, we have to move on and the first hurdle is at Stillwater.....have heard that the Pokes are pretty good this year stocked with a lot of talent....TheEagleman would expect OSU to be favored by about 18-20 points which will be a tempting number.....we should know more on the line in the next 24 hours....the countdown to tip off is on.....what are the thoughts out there amongst the ORU faithful???....GO BLUE!!!.....😎:tb-white:

Lol...yes sir...correction made...😁

11 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

I am still ticked that we only found out a  week ago that DJ Weaver has a serious knee injury that occurred at least six months ago

On the Coaches Show Coach Mills said it was good having 13 health players and mentioned DJ a few times... nothing about an injury though. I do know Weaver had a couple bad knee injuries in high school so maybe he is nervous about aggravating something (just a guess).

OSU has all five starters back and a top 25 incoming class to round out the bench. They should be a solid team in the big 12.  This will be a challenging game for ORU but should prepare them for the home opener on Friday night.

39 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

On the Coaches Show Coach Mills said it was good having 13 health players and mentioned DJ a few times... nothing about an injury though. I do know Weaver had a couple bad knee injuries in high school so maybe he is nervous about aggravating something (just a guess).

I noticed that when he said it. 

So DJ isn't seriously injured?...he's just being held out due to general soreness?....Weaver will be suited up tomorrow night?....that would be a huge relief to TheEagleman....DJ Weaver is a VERY important part of the ORU team....not saying he's going to make a difference tomorrow night....the Pokes will win this game obviously...but I think we can stay competitive for awhile if we have all our guys healthy....😎

With the addition of the bookend Boone twins from Tulsa Memorial and the emergence of jumping jack Yor Anei, OSU has a lot of long, athletic guys inside; unlike anything ORU may see the rest of the year.  It will be challenge for the good guys to keep them off the boards and stay out of foul trouble.

If the defense from the fist half in Fort Smith shows up, it could be something respectable such as OSU by 12 in an 84-72 type game.

But, if the defensive "effort" from the second half in Fort Smith rears its ugly head for more than 10 minutes, OSU by 20+ in a name-your-score blowout that hopefully does not see the Cowboys break 100 points.

They'll look to run it up for Sutton on ORU.  There will be no calling off the dogs late.  OSU with an easy cover, no matter what the line is, seems like the smart play.

I agree with you, Alum....OSU will look to run it up...hopefully ORU brings the A game and can stay competitive...but honestly how can we even know....right now TheEagleman is thinking OSU and the Over....but waiting to see what the line is going to be....😬

I think they got the "Humilate ORU for Sutton" out of their system during Mills first year. 

Isn't E-Man may be the only player left from Sutton's tenure. 

I could see them calling off the dogs.

Then again, it was a very poorly handled breakup.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow. 

How about ORU just beats them?.....how sweet would it be to ride home to Tulsa with a victory?....yeah....TheEagleman is drinking the Kool Aid....🥴

I'm sure Boyton has bigger things on his mind. Bryce Thompson is supposed to be attending so I think that will be OSU's main concern.

I think OSU is probably more worried about all the empty orange seats for a week night vs. a 20-loss team last year.  They appear to be doing a lot of things on campus and around Stillwater to drum up attendance for this home opener.

Not exactly a marquee match-up in which to impress Bryce, or any other recruits in attendance.

Pokes favored by 16 with 149.5 O/U, which equates to 83-67.  Not unreasonable, but I would take the OVER due to our announced intention to increase our pace.  The spread really depends on how early they call off the dogs, if at all.  I think that OSU will want everyone to play, which may keep the final score closer. 

Opening night always hard to predict but TheEagleman has grabbed OSU and the Over on a teaser bet.....and totally legit now that sports betting is legal in PA....I am thinking something like Pokes 88 ORU 71. 🥶