ORU at Oklahoma St.

theeagleman5

2 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Pokes favored by 16 with 149.5 O/U, which equates to 83-67.  Not unreasonable, but I would take the OVER due to our announced intention to increase our pace.  The spread really depends on how early they call off the dogs, if at all.  I think that OSU will want everyone to play, which may keep the final score closer. 

I missed the increased pace comment. Did Mills say this? It makes sense now that theres finally a full roster and PG.

At the Fort Smith scrimmage/exhibition vs Central Arkansas, ORU played at a faster/more up-tempo pace than in past years under Mills.  I think the assumption is based on that game because it is all we have to go on right now.

The problem with anticipating (hoping?) that OSU might "call off the dogs" is this:  the Pokes may return all five starters from last year, but their new signees coming off the bench are generally considered to be more talented, just inexperienced.

Pick your poison.

This is a horrible match-up for ORU for a variety of reasons; perhaps the worst head-to-head disparity on the entire schedule:  OSU 92, ORU 65

I believe Thompson and Cunningham will both be there as Cunningham just committed there last night. Cunningham is #2 ranked player in nation this year. Amazing how that happens when  OSU hired his brother this summer.:)

The staff thinks they win 20 games this year. Lot of talent coming in.

Starting lineup for tonight according to ORU website: R.J., Sam, Burns, Eman, and K.O. Good to have Eman back after missing the UCA game. Three guard lineup and all small guys (we could say three point guards). That sounds like trouble against OSU's bigger and stronger guards.

Expecting this one to be a dunk contest for the OSU squad. We'll keep it within 5 through the first 10 minutes (ORU adrenaline and OSU nerves) and then the wheels come off. 

ORU 59 - OSU 84. 

Hoping the OSU team can start making a splash this year. Still got a soft spot for Scott, and I like Mike Boynton too. 

1 minute ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Starting lineup for tonight according to ORU website: R.J., Sam, Burns, Eman, and K.O. Good to have Eman back after missing the UCA game. Three guard lineup and all small guys (we could say three point guards). That sounds like trouble against OSU's bigger and stronger guards.

VERY small perimeter. Was hoping that was just for the UCA exhibition to test out combinations. We'll see how that works for us. 

I think we will see Jones and Abmas and Lazenby - along with Lufile/Lacis inserted as the game goes along. It’s all about match ups - which doesn’t look good on paper. 

I want to see effort on defense and  rebounding - and no injuries. 

• Upvote 1

After watching the exhibition game at Fort Smith, I am not as high on this team as I was on paper this summer. I understand Eman was not in the game but I just did not see much improvement except for the bright spot of Max the freshman. Going small with 3 guards is not helping my expectations. We are going to miss K Smith at the center post and Lacis, Lazenby, and Jurgens seemed unimpressive. Without D.J. Weaver in the lineup will not help matters. Lafile is a raw talent and Jones seemed good on defense but did not see much offensive production and not much playing time. We may end up a good team but this will take some time and some games under our belt. Don't expect too much tonight. We  will lose by 20 plus. I hope I am wrong.  98-75

After reading all of the above comments... TheEagleman is doubling up on OSU and the Over...😎

Lazenby coming in before Francis? Unless there are some disciplinary problems that's really odd.

Francis was injured in practice yesterday. Radio pre-show didn’t make it sound too serious. Still no mention about weaver but he is suited up I believe.

New to the forum, but impressed w/ the ORU showing down in Stillwater.  Showed a lot of fight and character.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, EagleFan21 said:

New to the forum, but impressed w/ the ORU showing down in Stillwater.  Showed a lot of fight and character.

Welcome in 21. 
I was only able to watch the ESPN tracker on my phone down the stretch; hard to believe the good guys were in it all the way till the end!

Hopefully a good sign of things to come. 

8 hours ago, ORU GRAD said:

After watching the exhibition game at Fort Smith, I am not as high on this team as I was on paper this summer. I understand Eman was not in the game but I just did not see much improvement except for the bright spot of Max the freshman. Going small with 3 guards is not helping my expectations. We are going to miss K Smith at the center post and Lacis, Lazenby, and Jurgens seemed unimpressive. Without D.J. Weaver in the lineup will not help matters. Lafile is a raw talent and Jones seemed good on defense but did not see much offensive production and not much playing time. We may end up a good team but this will take some time and some games under our belt. Don't expect too much tonight. We  will lose by 20 plus. I hope I am wrong.  98-75

Well, I was really wrong. if we could have hit the threes we would have won this game. Eman came back after a slow first half with 16 pts.  Obanor was knocked all over the place and out most of the second half  with four fouls. I am proud of the way we fought. Burns 21 tonight and Abmas 14. We will get better. 

Looking forward to the home opener vs. HBU.  We need to take this experience tonight and play some better ball on Friday.

6 minutes ago, EagleFan21 said:

Looking forward to the home opener vs. HBU.  We need to take this experience tonight and play some better ball on Friday.

So true.  Neither team played very well tonight, but we showed a lot of grit to stay in the game until the final minute.  Proud of the effort.  Now, we need to improve on Friday.

• Like 1