ORU vs. Tulsa

Old Titan

here is a good pre-mayor's cup preview w/Bontrager.  Bontrager identifies TU's weakness as FT shooting, esp late in game when you are up a few points and needing to put the game away.....prophetic!!    the guy is a brilliant basketball mind.

Steve will be doing color for ORU's ESPN3 games this year.  :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:    

he also gives an update on his health.

Bontrager/Mayor's Cup  - Buzz podcast

is it just me or does the Buzz do a better job covering ORU basketball than the station that carries ORU's games. i'm not in the market, but the times i dial up the Animal on Tunein after a big ORU win there is little to no coverage.

Other note's...the story on News on 6's website finished up with a note about TU's next game and nothing about ORU's next game. Pretty lame.

This is the first time I recall a Mayor's Cup game not getting top center of the Tulsa World sports page, the day after the game. Instead, just a small pic/story at the bottom.

Fox-23 in Tulsa had the best local TV coverage, that I saw.

Barring a couple of big-time, immediate stud recruits, ORU may be favored and favored HEAVILY in next year's game at the Mabee Center.

Obi's performance goes without saying, but how about MY MAN "Big" Albert Owens with a put-back and a 3-pointer in the final minute!?! LOVE the big fella!!

After Wednesday night, we'll be 8-2. WOW! Looks like we'll be 9-5 at ABSOLUTE WORST in the non-conference. Maybe 10-4.

• Upvote 1

KOTV does a terrible job of covering ORU.

I think most TU fans want to continue the series and understand that the game is good for both schools. Losing the game is tough for either fan base.

Tulsa actually has nine(!!) seniors so next year will be a huge rebuilding project for the Golden Hurricane. I wonder how they let their recruiting classes get so out of balance? I have never heard of a school having that many seniors. The team will only return four players. That is incredible.