ORU vs. Tulsa

Old Titan

ORU really settled in after the first 8 or 9 minutes.

they need to get Bradley going as a second scoring option behind Obi in the second half.

4 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU is now getting 12.5.....I just don't get it....that line seems about 4-5 points too high....I would make TU about a 4 pt favorite on a neutral court....then add another 4 pts for the home court.....but 12.5????...TheEagleman is gonna grab that and run.....I agree with Terry....ORU can win this outright if we stay out of early foul trouble and protect the ball....if this game is close at halftime.....I love our chances.....:P

Vegas got this game very wrong. 

• Upvote 1

Order has been maintained.....

Great win by the good guys. Big shots and big game by Obi. 

• Upvote 1

Al with the step back three was cold blooded!

If you watch on ESPN3; right after Al hits the shot the reaction of the TU defender is priceless.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!   NEVER A DOUBT!!!!!!.....TheEagleman was out shopping with MrsEagleman but following the game on my phone.....I am beyond words......us old alums from the 70's really detest TU.....not sure if it's the same for newer alums but probably close....I remember the early 70s when TU refused to play us.....they probably want to end the series now....LOL....I LOVE IT SO!!!.....70-68....Huge shot by Obi who had 26....I haven't seen it yet...maybe somebody can post it when it shows up on You Tube.....Great great win for the boys and coaching staff......plus, TheEagleman played the game big time....I was so sure we would cover those 12.5 points....I took a shot.....I can do my Christmas shopping thanks to this victory....but I regress....I am really more happy just to beat these clowns for the 3rd year in a row....IN SUTTON WE TRUST!!!!....did somebody say Lifetime contract???...:lol::):rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Just got home from the game.  A very exciting second half with many lead changes.  I was surprised that the Reynolds Center was less than half full after wins against OSU and Wichita State.  

When Albert hit that shot I thought it was a 2 pointer.  Then I looked at the screen and saw it was a 3 pointer and we had the lead.  Wow!  Then for Obi to rise up and hit a closely guarded jump shot with 2 seconds left.  This team is coming together.

This was the best defensive effort of the year which is very encouraging.  If we keep playing solid defense like we did today, we will win a lot of games in the Summit League.

Even in just a few minutes of playing time Javan White had 4 rebounds.  Once he is 100% this will be a more complete team.

Great win for Scott Sutton!  Now 8-8 vs TU.

Also, for the 5th year in a row, the losing team in this game scored 68 points.  That is quite a statistical anomaly.

ORU played TU even on the boards and won despite 13 turnovers....the difference was ORU shooting 45% vs. only 38% for TU plus we were 8-17 from 3 pt range....Bradley was 3-5 all in the 2nd half...TU shot 81% from the FT line but a couple of missed FTs in the final minute hurt them big time....the biggest lead of the game was only 8 by TU....our biggest lead just 4....a nail biter for 40 minutes.... only 5225 in attendance...that's not near a sellout at Reynolds....shows little respect for ORU..I am sure that OT and others were in attendance....how was the ORU turnout?..more than 200?....must have been nuts at the end of the game....we wanna see some pics of the kids holding up that Mayors Trophy again....congrats to the team and coaching staff....huge huge win for ORU with OU, LSU and NM State coming up.....also a big day for the Summit League as South Dakota wins at Minnesota and IUPUI beats Miami OH.....tough 2 pt los for Denver vs. Air Force.....TheEagleman  will be on cloud 9 all night....I need glass of vino....:)