Big News?

ORUIllini

I've seen first-hand Mike Carter's prowess in his ability to connect with the "who's who" in the Tulsa community. While working as a development officer for a local non-profit here in Tulsa, I was amazed to find that several of our organization's big donors and board members who were influential in the Tulsa community had also made substantial donations to ORU athletics. Mike Carter was the connection.

I'm grateful for what he and many others have done for ORU athletics, and don't mind that they graduated from other institutions. I don't like that he wears an orange tie in his ORU biography on the ORU athletic website. Non-verbal communication always speaks louder than what what comes out of your mouth, and I think it could send a confusing message. Would I trade the orange tie for for all that he's done for ORU? No. One of those things I guess we'll have to live with. 

#TrueBlueORU  

Anyone who has been around Mike very much knows that he has a wide collection of blue, eagle-themed neckwear. 

I honestly can't say that I've ever seen him wearing an orange tie at work.

No word yet on his choice of underwear color, but no doubt we could "generate eight pages of discussion" on THAT topic if need be.

(Sorry, but unless you've been reading the "ORU and Summit League" forum lately, you're not going to get that joke....)

I've seen first-hand Mike Carter's prowess in his ability to connect with the "who's who" in the Tulsa community. While working as a development officer for a local non-profit here in Tulsa, I was amazed to find that several of our organization's big donors and board members who were influential in the Tulsa community had also made substantial donations to ORU athletics. Mike Carter was the connection.

I'm grateful for what he and many others have done for ORU athletics, and don't mind that they graduated from other institutions. I don't like that he wears an orange tie in his ORU biography on the ORU athletic website. Non-verbal communication always speaks louder than what what comes out of your mouth, and I think it could send a confusing message. Would I trade the orange tie for for all that he's done for ORU? No. One of those things I guess we'll have to live with. 

#TrueBlueORU  

Just a note.... Mike didn't know he was going to be photographed the day he wore the orange tie.  He was asked at midday to update his photo.  Had he known ahead of time, he most certainly would have worn an Eli tie.  Not only does he have a wide variety of ORU ties, he has a separate collection of navy/gold ties that he wears to work four out of five days - and every game day.  Just so happens he got caught with an orange tie on picture day.

LOL - sorry, no excuses for picture day!

Back in the '80's, we provided a communal shirt, tie and navy blazer for the guys to wear if they showed up for "Media Guide Picture Day" wearing sweats or a t-shirt.

One year, practically the ENTIRE TEAM (plus a couple of managers) ended up being pictured in that season's media guide wearing the exact same outfit, despite their differences in size.  It looked like the required dress code from a Catholic high school, only sloppier.

Here's that actual ensemble (circa 1982) looking a little baggy on diminutive point guard Gary "Cat" Johnson:

KTOAQHMUBPODJXI.20090528163521.jpg

Perhaps a spare "ORU-centric" tie needs to be kept in the athletic offices to avoid any future "orange surprises"....

we can fix this orange tie situation....i know a guy who is really good at photoshop

kruger.jpg

• Upvote 1