ORU Basketball Watch Party Scheduled for Sunday

ORUTerry

ORU Basketball Watch Party Scheduled for Sunday

For Immediate Release: March 8, 2006

TULSA?Oral Roberts University Athletics will hold an NCAA Selection Show watch party for the men?s basketball team on Sunday in the Mabee Center practice gym. The festivities will begin at 4 p.m. with the Selection Show scheduled to start at 5 p.m. The public is invited to attend.

ORU earned an automatic berth to its first NCAA Tournament since 1984 by capturing the Mid-Continent Conference Tournament title with an 85-72 win over Chicago State on Tuesday. The Golden Eagles are 21-11 overall.

Fans attending the watch party are asked to enter through the southeast security entrance. ORU merchandise will be on sale and ticket information for ORU?s first round game will also be available.

For more information, contact the ORU Athletics Department at (918) 495-7151.

How many people are coming? It should be great to watch it with a lot of fans - and the players & coaches.

Is the practice gym going to be big enough? There will five of us coming.

It better be cause Victory Christian Center has just about all the other areas at the Mabee that day. The practice gym is pretty big though it should be fine.

Also, ORUTerry did you wear a long sleeve red button up dress shirt in the game and sit on the blue hair side??? If so you were on ESPN quite a bit.

Nope..... I was on the isle with a long sleeve blue shirt and ORU sweater vest. My good friends Isbig and PfsEd were on ESPN a few times. So were my kids.

Oh alright, well I liked that guy in the red dress shirt, when they called fouls he would stand up and put his arms up and look around like he couldn't believe what just happened. I thought that was you for sure, not sure why, but I bet if I watched you during a game I would like that too.

That guy has nothing on me.... just ask the poor people who sit around me. Isn't that right TMH8286? I have no voice left - and I had to give a presentation today at work. That is taking one for the team.

I really like the guys like you then it lets me yell loud and then I don't feel as bad for the elderly people who get mad......lol

I really like the guys like you then it lets me yell loud and then I don't feel as bad for the elderly people who get mad......lol

"Elderly", "Blue-hair", "old fogy" - these guys have you PEGGED, Terry!

My daughter is laughing at me right now.... I feel old but I think I have a few good years in me. If we had lost last night though, I'm not sure my heart could have taken it.

It's funny.... the glow has not diminished yet. Let's hope we get a venue close enough to make the trip.

Where is Eaglebackr? I thought for sure we would hear from him and get his unique perspective on the Mid-Con Tournament.

Where is Eaglebackr? I thought for sure we would hear from him and get his unique perspective on the Mid-Con Tournament.

He was working the Resource Pool. I'm not sure how much of the game he really got to watch!! :?:

March 8, 2006

Dear Golden Eagle Fan,

As you know, the ORU Men?s Basketball Team completed their ?Unfinished Business? by winning the 2006 Mid-Continent Conference Tournament Tuesday night! With the victory, the Golden Eagles will advance to the 2006 NCAA Tournament.

The Golden Eagles invite you to celebrate their trip to the NCAA Tournament and find out their first round destination. Please join us for a Selection Sunday Watch Party, Sunday afternoon in the Mabee Center Practice Gym. Space is limited, so please arrive early! Doors will open at 4:00 p.m., while the Selection Show gets underway at 5:00 p.m. Everyone attending will need to enter through the Southeast Security Entrance of the Mabee Center.

Additionally, ORU Athletics will have a limited number of NCAA First/Second Round tickets available. These tickets will be distributed based on a Priority Points System, while supplies last. Price structures vary by location, but range from $45 to $60 per session. The eight cities hosting First/Second Round games are Greensboro, NC; Jacksonville, FL; Salt Lake City, UT; San Diego, CA; Dayton, OH; Philadelphia, PA; Dallas, TX; and Detroit, MI.

Information on complete travel packages that include transportation, lodging, and game tickets will be available at Sunday?s Watch Party or by calling the athletic department on Monday.

If you are interested in purchasing First/Second Round Tickets for any of these locations, please contact Alexi Powell via phone at 495-7151 or e-mail at apowell@oru.edu NO LATER THAN NOON MONDAY, MARCH 13. Again, we cannot guarantee your request because of the limited number of tickets available. However, please let us know what locations you would be interested in attending and we will do our best to fulfill your request.

Go Golden Eagles!

Guest Mount Baldy

Interesting how everyone griped that the Diamond Dinner was on a Sunday night but have no problem with a Sunday night watch party.

THe watch party will be over before church starts. I'm not aware of evening services being between 4 & 6 pm unless it is a church large enough to have multiple services.