2013-2014 Schedule

Old Titan

Hello,

I'm the ORU Insider. I have the inside scoop on all things ORUMBB! it is with my clear understanding that ORU will play the following teams for the non conference schedule away!

Tulsa

KState

Wichita St.

St. Louis

Wisconsin

Akron

Cancun Tourney

2 somewhat bizarre posts in a row. I hope you are correct Vasalos, but with the youth on this year's team, I doubt we will be picked to win the Southland this year.

I also suspect you are correct about the schedule, oh great sage of basketball wisdom, oru mbb insider.

There is a lot of youth on the team. Jason you are correct at that. However, the competition this year in the southland is not as heavy as last years. Of course NWS and SHS will be good, I don't believe that the youth will effect our overall outcome in conference play. It will be an interesting year to say the least! In all I do look forward to the upcoming season! I am confident in this season than I was going into last years.

That's pretty funny - I envision some dude with a crystal ball in his mom's basement, wearing a really bad turban.

But, hey - that IS a pretty impressive recounting of EVERYTHING ALREADY SAID.

With that kind of copycat journalism, orumbb_insider appears to have a bright future working for ESPN.

Looking forward to his next big "scoop" with great anticipation!

Well, Old Titan. I did not mean to be repetitive of already mentioned information. I was just stating the facts. My goal is to post the truth and not rumors. Some things mentioned previous are not true. I am here to confirm what is real!

i saw this yesterday and forgot to post it from the Mo. State message board...so ORU will have at least one D1 non-conference home game

I think this is where we are right now...

vs Tulsa
@ ORU
@ Old Dominion
vs Alabama A&M
@ Louisville
vs New Mexico St
Corpus Christi Challenge Main (Virginia, Texas A&M, SMU)
Corpus Christi Challenge Pre (Sam Houston, Ark PB, Hampton, Liberty) - Home games

An article in the Springfield News-Leader from March 13th listed ORU as a road opponent in '13-'14 for Missouri State, so that sounds pretty solid as our only (so far?) D-1 non-conference home game.

Can't find anything yet to confirm the Baylor game, though...

Could happen. with Baylor....aren't Scott Drew and Scott Sutton pretty good buddies?..... :nerd: 

FWIW, Baylor fan forum says Bears ware looking for a home opponent for the Nov. 12th "24 Hour Tip-Off Marathon" on the ESPN networks; could be us. 

Hopefully, we're not playing the Bears at something like 8:00 a.m. on ESPNU - kinda defeats the purpose of getting on so-called "national TV".

I wonder how you all feel about this years out of conference road schedule. Some might say this "loaded" schedule might get the best of this young team. What do you all think?

I wonder how you all feel about this years out of conference road schedule. Some might say this "loaded" schedule might get the best of this young team. What do you all think?

Yep.

I understand the financial need for the guaranteed-money games, but just once I'd like to see us try to ease into the new year with a little confidence and a decent record, rather than get our heads handed to us night after night in November and December. 

We sometimes don't recover from the non-con bloodbath until mid-way through the league slate, and by then it's in front of 2500 spectators, the rest of the fans (and a lot of the students, too) having already given up on the season due to the poor record.

Yes....a few guarantee games are nice for the pocketbook.....but a few wins are even nicer......ORU needs a good mixture.....we can't be going into January with a sub .500 record and expect a young squad to have any confidence...... :nerd:

• 2 weeks later...

Via @bfreeland from twitter!

#ORUMBB Pairings announced for Cancun Challenge. ORU @ SLU (Nov. 21), @ Wisc., (Nov. 23). Ga. Southern (Nov. 26)/TBD (Nov. 27) in Mexico.

Really glad we got the games at Wisconsin and St. Louis (as opposed to Old Dominion and West Virginia).

a return game from Texas State and new head coach Danny Kaspar???