2013-2014 Schedule

Old Titan

Those first five real games are tough!! Geez!

No clue when/if Baylor game is legit - based on a rumor from their fan website.

But, regardless:  Tulsa/K-State/St. Louis/Wisconsin is quite a stretch....

You have listed 29 games and that sounds like a full schedule to me. Maybe they are simply trying to nail down 1 or 2 dates on the TBA games.

Since the UIW and ACU games are non D-1 contests, I'm assuming they will count in the league standings and on our overall record, but will not count in things like RPI, conference tournament seeding, or against our limit of total games (if there is such a thing). 

So, we could conceivably schedule a couple of games more than the typical 30-or-so-game regular season this year. 

Hey, here's a thought:  MAYBE SOMEDAY THE SCHEDULE WILL ACTUALLY BE ANNOUNCED & WE CAN QUIT PLAYING THESE #&@*#) GUESSING GAMES!! :@

• Upvote 1

If this is correct, I predict a 9 game loss season.

If Scott Sutton can coach this team to fewer than double-digit losses (as you suggest) against anything remotely resembling this schedule, he should be named NATIONAL Coach Of The Year. :clap:

• Upvote 2

If Scott Sutton can coach this team to fewer than double-digit losses (as you suggest) against anything remotely resembling this schedule, he should be named NATIONAL Coach Of The Year. :clap:

yep...if the sched above is correct, iv'e got 7 or 8 losses before they get to conf play

Yeah, hopefully we will see the actual complete schedule by Labor Day.....based on what we know so far, TheEagleman agrees that it's a challenging array of opponents but we have had tougher schedules in the past....the problem that ORU will have this season is the lack of experience on the roster....we will be playing a lot of underclassman and that combined with the difficult non conference away schedule equals a lot of early losses.....might not be pretty....but let's not make any predictions until we see how the roster shapes up and how we look on the court in the pre-season games.....TheEagleman has predicted early doom and gloom in past years and been pleasantly surprised.....there are a number of games that we certainly have a good chance to win.....hey...only about 90 days to go and we will find out..... :nerd:

Baylor Basketball @BaylorMBB

2013-14 schedule pt 5:

Last 4 non-conf games all at home - Savannah St-12/10; NW St-12/18; Southern-12/22; Oral Roberts-12/30. #SicEm

Baylor Basketball @BaylorMBB

2013-14 schedule pt 5:

Last 4 non-conf games all at home - Savannah St-12/10; NW St-12/18; Southern-12/22; Oral Roberts-12/30. #SicEm

Thx - updated above in latest schedule post.

July 3, 2013 - University of Tulsa announces its 2013-14 non-conference men's basketball schedule.

July 29, 2013 - University of Tulsa announces its ENTIRE 2013-14 men's basketball schedule.

July 31, 2013 - Oklahoma State University announces its 2013-14 non-conference men's basketball schedule.

August 5, 2013 - University of Oklahoma announces its 2013-14 non-conference men's basketball schedule.

August 8, 2013 - University of Oklahoma announces its ENTIRE 2013-14 men's basketball schedule.

Tick, tick, tick.... :yawn:

The 2012-2013 schedule was announced on August 14 last year, so it's a recurring theme.

But it still drives me nuts.  As the guy who used to be in charge of selling season tickets for ORU, I am reminded how frustrating it was all summer long to convince fans to buy a season ticket package with absolutely no clue what dates the team plays on.

I am thoroughly convinced the ever-growing delay each year in announcing the basketball schedule has a direct and adverse affect on season ticket sales.

I totally agree. How do you sell something that isn't there? Our approach to marketing tickets leaves me scratching my head. It's almost like we don't care.

I agree with oruvoice! I really can see this team winning 20 games with this schedule! Don't count this team out yet, it's a totally different attitude among the ball club! I'm sticking with my 9-10 game loss season!

TheEagleman thinks that Terry is right about season ticket sales and the late announcement of the schedule....they don't really care.....this would never have happened 30-35 years ago....OR never would have allowed it..... :puke: