ORU at Lamar U.

theeagleman5

How bad is Lamar?....The Cardinals are 3-25 and 1-15 since January 1....their wins come over 3 other doormats....LIU-Brooklyn, IUPUI and TX A&M-CC.....ORU played a poor game vs. Lamar last month at Mabee Center and still won by 19....this team just plain stinks....problem is, we also stunk less than 24 hours ago at McNeese State....I hope that Roundtree enjoyed listening to that loss on the radio......will ORU show some stones and play some decent ball against the lowly Cardinals? ....who really knows....I don't even think Scott Sutton knows the answer to that question.....but I do know this.....If ORU loses this game.....TheEagleman won't be able to take any more.....a defeat at Lamar will sap me of every ounce of blue and gold blood that I have left for this season.....I don't really believe that the these mediocre GoldenEagles will lose a 3rd straight game especially one against this kind of dreck....surely DBH, Niles and Co. have some pride and will bring a better effort in this matchup.....TheEagleman is not asking for a 25 point blowout although that would be nice....I have no fingernails left as it is......I am going to put my neck on the line again and predict an ORU victory......83-74.....it probably won't be pretty......but not worried about style points....just a W.....PLEASE!?!?!?!?!?....... :sweat:  :fubar:  :sweat:

ORU has dropped to #137 in ESPN's RPI rankings....but Lamar stands at #330 out of 347 teams....a loss tonight would likely be the most embarrassing of the Scott Sutton era....it can't happen....can it?.....let's hope not.....if ORU drops this game tonight TheEagleman might just lock himself in our spare bedroom with his jug of red wine and not come out for days...... :drunk:

I believe Geoff mentioned during the McNeese broadcast that Tree did not make the trip.

I'm hearing that Roundtree has been suspended for ridiculously lazy insubordination, ala Marchello Vealy.

For the life of me, I will never understand how an athlete at ORU, with so few distractions on and off campus in Tulsa, can't/won't make the minimum effort when it comes to just SHOWING UP for stuff.

Unless there is some sort of positive attitude adjustment on Tree's part, who knows whether we'll ever see him play another minute in an ORU uniform.

When I think of the many talented players that we've seen virtually wander off the path at ORU in recent seasons (Vealy, Jahaziel Howard, Andre Hardy, Ken Holdman, to name a few), it makes me sick.  What a waste!!

But, at the same time, I'm reminded of this classic diatribe when it comes to why a coach HAS to sit guys like that:

http://youtu.be/EB5-yJM3vJc

That's very sad and disturbing news about Roundtree....the kid obviously has a lot of talent.....but he's clearly going to waste it.....he needs to get a dose of Coach Singletary's speech posted above by OT.....this couldn't come at a worse time expecially considering we have lost front court players Kaufman and Byford this season....let's hope that Steven comes to his senses while spending the weekend in Tulsa and apologizes to his teammates and coaches when they return....we sure could use the young man down in Katy....otherwise our chances are slim to none...... :n:

without knowing the situation, hopefully it is not so serious that he can't make things right with his teammates and coaches and get back on the floor.

TITANS ... It's interesting to hear the Lamar radio/TV announcer refer to ORU as the Titans.  Obviously, an old timer who remembers ORU's glory years and those years when Lamar played ORU.  ORU basketball made an impact on our school's reputation, and beating ORU was a big deal then. 

Bilbury with 10 points, 9 rebounds and 2 assists  - at the half.

I still contend that, before he is done, Kory will be the first ORU basketball player to post a triple double since Al Boswell in 1974.

so far the old DBH showed up tonight...head down and disengaged after some early struggles.

Billbury looks like the player that wants to be playing today.

thankfully Lamar is not that good, but the psyche of the ORU team does not look good as the season is coming to a close.

thankfully Lamar is not that good, but the psyche of the ORU team does not look good as the season is coming to a close.

Good thing it was Lamar tonight - it looked like our guys were just running through their paces waiting for the season to end.  If that level of play is the new approach, the season will end very soon.  I'm still hopeful that the switch will come on in Katy.  We know that this team certainly has the capacity to make some noise.

Sounds like an ugly win at Lamar tonight.....68-50....Glover seems to have taken over as the main man in the past few games since returning from the eye injury....19 pts tonight.....Niles 17....Billbury and DBH with double doubles......TheEagleman didn't realize that no ORU player has put up a triple double since Al Boswell...I remember that guy....a very solid player and a good guy....Billbury reminds me a bit of Boz.....wonder what ever happened to him?.....well, at least ORU got the W tonight....maybe we can put the pieces together with a week off before the regular season finale at UCA.....this team needs a serious jumpstart..... :nerd:

The more I think about it, it is really surprising that Roundtree would suddenly get lazy and have a poor attitude. Obviously we don't see practice day in and day out, but in the games Roundtree seems to always give a strong effort. He has been taking a lot of charges lately and is aggressive on the defensive end (sometimes to his detriment by picking up needless fouls). On the offensive end he doesn't normally force bad shots, but instead lets the game come to him. In other words, on the court he does not appear to be a selfish player.

His play on the court over the last 3 years doesn't seem to be indicative of the current situation if what OT heard is correct, so it really seems to be out of character for him. Honestly, without Roundtree, our odds to beat NW St. and SFA back-to-back don't seem to be very good, but with Roundtree, and a full complement of our other players, I believe we have a realistic opportunity to win the Southland tournament.

Maybe he has been discouraged with the injury he has dealt with and his lack of playing time and or lack of being in the starting lineup once he returned from injury. I think Scott has done a nice job of not putting too much on his shoulders right away. I certainly hope that the coaches will get his attention and that he will come around because we need him for the stretch run and for next year.

Coach Sutton indicated in his post game comments that he expects Roundtree to take care of his business and rejoin the team this week. Let's hope he is right. We need Roundtree in the lineup to have a chance in the conference tournament.

All I know is this is the second time he's been suspended this season alone for similar missteps (he and Damen either sat a full game, or didn't start a game, earlier in the non-conference schedule).

He's a junior with dozens of games under his belt, not some wet-nosed freshman, and he was the preseason pick in some circles for freaking CONFERENCE PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!

Act like you belong, for crying out loud... :fubar:

P.S.  Bilbury's final line:  17 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals

That's a freshman guard, sports fans - looking forward to what he does in the next three years as he gains more of a leadership role on the floor and in the locker room.

Billbury looks like he's going to be a stud and a sure starter next year in the two guard position....with CB, DJ, Mikey and Lee....our backcourt is going to be very strong in 2013-14....it's the frontcourt that could be a problem....let's hope that Roundtree gets back on track....we need him badly in Katy this season and as a starter at the four spot next year.....front court will likely have Tree, Kaufman, Glover, Conley and Byford in the rotation....that's not a bad nine to start off with in November..... :nerd: