Props to the Crowd

OKC Eagle

That was the best ORU crowd I have ever seen! During our run in the second half, almost everyone was standing and screaming everytime CSU had the ball. The crowd did not let up until our lead was about 20. Thanks to the Maniacs for leading the charge. The student turnout was impressive and I loved the white shirts. The environment was electric. That was the most fun I have had at a basketball game in years. It was well worth the drive.

Thanks OKC Eagle, but honestly, the crowd was phenominal. It was so much fun for us to be able to get excited and take start yelling, and then not only do the rest of the student section join in (which doesn't happen often...) but the entire arena would go nuts!!! It was so much fun!!!! Thanks guys for joining in with us in giving our guys the homecourt advantgae that they deserved!!! What an incredible game!!!!!

Maniac Prez,

You guys were fantastic!!! You were great in person, but watching the replay when we got home you were even more awsome. The white out theme looked impressive on tv, as did the student enthusiasm. You are definitely one of the best student fan groups in the nation!!!!! :D8):lol:

Even my best friend from Memphis couldn't say enough about our students and fans on the TV. He was VERY impressed (especially) with the student section and said that last night, our student section was as good or better than the U. of Memphis student section. I agree.

Also, props to the other end zone with the old fogies! They STARTED the "Larry Owens" chant one time and then the students chimed in! First time I've ever seen our "Blue Hairs" actually LEAD the cheers!

Everything about last night was AWESOME!

I was in that group, the 'other' end zone section, that was equipped with Billy Joe D and Sharon, and several wild posters that couldn't get enough L.O. all night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even my best friend from Memphis couldn't say enough about our students and fans on the TV. He was VERY impressed (especially) with the student section and said that last night, our student section was as good or better than the U. of Memphis student section. I agree.

Also, props to the other end zone with the old fogies! They STARTED the "Larry Owens" chant one time and then the students chimed in! First time I've ever seen our "Blue Hairs" actually LEAD the cheers!

Everything about last night was AWESOME!

Voice, there were actually alot of the younger alums in that end zone, including myself...in the 2nd half, we stood up every time CSU was coming down the court - we made a ton of noise over there! The "Blue Hairs" were mostly behind you between the baselines! :lol:

Having watched the game on ESPN, the crowd sounded loud and intimidating! It was great to see the Maniac white out in the end zone..that was an awesome idea. The Maniacs were out of control during the 18-0 run!!! Having been an original Maniac, its great to see the tradition being taken to the next level.

During the 2nd half, Fran Fraschilla said the noise and energy in the building rivaled Cameron Indoor Stadium!! Awesome work guys, wish i could have been there

After screaming at the top of my lungs for nearly two hours, I knew that the noise was loud, but didn't realize HOW loud till I got home to our quiet house, and both ears were ringing like bells.

It was a pretty incredible experience. In the second half every time Chicago State came to our end everyone around me jumped to their feet and began screaming. the noise was deafening. It added tremendously to the excitement of the game.

BTW, Chicago State's Royce Parran and David Holston walked through the pandemonium on the court, probably 20-30 minutes after the game ended. A couple of us tried to tell them "good game", but they hardly acknowledged us. Can't blame them. It would be tough to lose that game, and they may have felt like they got shafted in the second half (for the game, ORU = 35 FT Attempts, CSU = 13 FTA).

Having watched the game on ESPN, the crowd sounded loud and intimidating! It was great to see the Maniac white out in the end zone..that was an awesome idea. The Maniacs were out of control during the 18-0 run!!! Having been an original Maniac, its great to see the tradition being taken to the next level.

During the 2nd half, Fran Fraschilla said the noise and energy in the building rivaled Cameron Indoor Stadium!! Awesome work guys, wish i could have been there

Credit the UMAC for incredible acoustics! Did anyone else notice how amplified the noise was in the UMAC? Sounded almost like a sound system cranked up to the highest levels where your folks scream at you to "Turn that stereo down!" :!::D

I am neither old...nor a foggie

But the "blue hairs" in front of me were impressive. we were doggin folks all tourney long. We made some new friends rather than ticking people off this year.

And the Blue in PFSeds hair was blue face paint that had gotten on it!

Guest pfsEd

Can't talk today; whistler is weak, back hurts, leftover paint on my eyebrows.....Isn't life wonderful.

See Isbig and I when Yemi gets fouled near the 14min. mark of the 2nd half...no old fogies around here...

Awesome night everyone.

Watched it here in Bloomfield, New Jersey USA...15 miles from Madison Square Garden in the safety and comfort of my little house in the suburbs with my wife and 14 year old...on his way to Queen of Peace HS and my 17 year old...on his way to Montclair State University....and WE ALL LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

When we MBAs Class of 81 were there watching the game as part of our 25th Reunion....we KNEW THAT WE KNEW THAT WE KNEW that "Something Good Was Gonna Happen to YOU!"

My Alma Mater - Rutgers - Class of 77 went to The Final Four in 1976 only to be bumped off by Michigan...MARCH MADNESS is as good as it gets!

Bam-Bam from Bloomfield! :lol:

It's at the 1:05 mark on my TIVO....

The crowd was great - and not just the students (though their enthusiasm was a spark) I get a lot of grief for cheering/yelling as loud as I do. I have even had people move seats at the Mabee Center and even been requested to move seats - which I did (thanks Isbig). But last night everyone around me was yelling - even the 'older' fans. They were knowledgeable and maintained intensity when ORU was on defense. It was great. We even started the Lar-ry chant.

I noticed a lot of the women's team in the student section in white jerseys. Good support from them (and all students).

I wish the students would come out to the games at the Mabee Center like that. Baby steps, I guess.

The only blue hairs i remember, were the ones behind yelling at us to sit down! I felt like reminding them we were at a basketball game, and not an opera. Unbelievable expierience. I loved storming the court, inches away from the ORU players in the middle. Great game. Its dancin' time baby!

We were talking last night with MabeeJ and remembered when there really weren't any students & that it was only 5 years ago when he tried to sign up the first maniacs - 20 signed up.

MabeeJ - you had an awsome dream of student participation and it is fantastic to see the huge improvement!! :lol: Every year will get better. Now we aren't trying to sell an experience based on going to the NCAA Tournament 22 years ago. :D