Unfinished business...

oruvoice

First off, I'd like to thank Mrs. Luper for taking the time to type out a wonderful post. It gives us all a bit of perspective. All true ORU women's basketball fans appreciate your daughter's commitment to our school and the hard work over 4 years! It sounds like my sentiment is correct, when I suggest that in addition to her talent, she is more concerned about team accomplishments, before individual stats. Your daughter is a credit to your raising and her university.

Secondly, I'd like to address 'Old Timer'. The other thread was locked, before I had a chance to respond. Let's get a few things straight...while I haven't actually coached before, I was raised with a basketball in my hands. I played and my father was a coach and athletic director at the collegiate level. And, my step-father was a very successful high school coach and later D-1 men's assistant. I PROMISE YOU, my knowledge and experience about the game of basketball will stack up with you and just about anyone else, even though I am just a lowly announcer and sell promotional items, as my full time job.

In addition, there is not a single person on this planet that has seen/been a part of more ORU women's basketball games, than myself. I have been involved with ORU women's basketball since 1989. So, while you may have coached D-1 at some point/level, you need to check yourself when coming at me. And, if you are who I think you are...the fact that you are posting here is really sad, on several levels.

I appreciate your perspective, voice, and everyone else's, but I didn't lock the other thread so that we can start mud-slinging on a new one. PLEASE, everyone, let this subject drop - I don't want to lock another thread.

Personally, I don't think I am 'mud-slinging'.

Nothing wrong with vigorous debate between people that are true ORU women's basketball fans...

Voice, I am with you!!! I am wondering if we are thinking of the same person on who "Old Timer" may be! I have my ideas. I agree, also, that public forums are public forums. Let people share their opinions! But at the same time, I do not see what trashing each other, coaches and players is going to accomplish!

Personally, I don't think I am 'mud-slinging'.

Nothing wrong with vigorous debate between people that are true ORU women's basketball fans...

I didn't mean to say that you were, voice. I was just meaning that I don't want this thread to devolve into that.

I understand, tmh. Just didn't want you to pull the quick trigger, if the discussion can stay away from personal insults.

And, JJONES...the identity of said poster is a narrow group, IF that person's comment about being a "D-1 coach" is truthful. And, if it is who I am thinking, I WILL GLADLY stack up my knowledge of the game against that individual, any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

tmh...My thing is, is that if 'old timer' is truly an ORU fan, that's fine. Let's have a robust discussion.

My suspicion is that, this person is a message board 'troll', just stirring things up, not truly an ORU fan. I would imagine that this individual currently resides in the state of Utah and is just trying to get back at ORU fans that have been critical of the former coach, by taking shots at the current coach.

More posts from Mrs. Luper, PLEASE!!!....TheEagleman is already a huge fan...... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh voice, how wrong you are on all accounts. I certainly do not live anywhere near the State of Utah, You will be reading many, many future posts from me as well. I am not bashing the players, nor am I bashing the amount of work that they put forth. I am not bashing Coach Cussen either, I am simply pointing out that the style of O and the style of D she is playing has awarded her wins against teams that they over-match. And also, they are losing to teams that they have no business losing to. Harding especially, regardless of the style of O or D they should have won that game. I am simply saying that the players on the roster were recruited to play a certain style of basketball and Coach Cussen is trying to move away from that. It was awarded 20 win seasons in the past. It is Coach Cussen's team and she is welcome to do with it anything she likes, but until she gets players recruited in that can play the style of ball she wants to play she better stick with what works or the Southland is going to be a rude awakening for her!

Yes. You have been bashing the coach. One post, you even said that Misti was trying to take the spotlight from her player, because she didn't leave her in the game, when we were up 50 points, to pad the player's stats.

If you are going to take pot shots, at least have the intestinal fortitude to admit that you are. Don't take swipes at someone and then say that you weren't. That is bush league.

And yes, she is welcome to run her program, her way. Someone with "D-1 coaching experience" like you claim to have, should be savvy enough to understand that, right? I mean, your hero Fink is running his system at Utah State, correct? Even though he is 2-7, with losses to mighty powers such as Montana State, Loyola Marymount, UC-Riverside, & Utah Valley...with his only wins against Prairie View A&M and Alaska-Anchorage. NEWSFLASH....a new coach will have some hiccups, in their first season or two, just ask your buddy Jerry.

And, your comments make it sound like we are 0-6 to start the season and getting blown out?!? We are 3-3.

Sadly, with the upcoming schedule, we will likely lose several games (by wide margins) in the next couple of weeks and I am 104% certain that you will be here taking shots at the "coaching", to then tell us that you aren't really taking shots, you just really love ORU and just want to dispense your immense knowledge to our coaching staff, so that we can win the national championship.

I have never met Jerry Finkbeiner in person first of all, I have, however, known members of his previous coaching staff. So to say that I am a Finkbeiner lover was completely incorrect! Stating she wants the spotlight over her players isn't taking a shot at her, it is "voicing" my opinion as I am allowed to do so. Tomorrow nights game against Baylor will be a tough outing. I would love for your ladies to win that game. That would be a marquee win for the program and certainly give Coach Cussen a "1 up" on Finkbeiner. I do not believe that Finkbeiner ever beat a top 25 ranked team while at ORU. Many games ahead, I look forward to many more topics from "The Voice", your insights are inspiring and your thoughts so intellectual, what would I do without someone like you to banter back forth with?

Tomorrow nights game against Baylor will be a tough outing. I would love for your ladies to win that game.

Very, very telling line.

The ORU women's team is not "your ladies"? So, you AREN'T an ORU fan...?

If you are going to 'troll' a message board, trying to take shots, you have to choose your words more carefully. They will give you away, Coach.

I have never met Jerry Finkbeiner in person first of all, I have, however, known members of his previous coaching staff. So to say that I am a Finkbeiner lover was completely incorrect!

This also is a false statement. In previous posts, you have indicated details about my friendship with Kyle Cussen that only a handful of people know about and personal details about me and my profession. You also state above that you have known members of Fink's coaching staff and that you have inside knowledge about ORU women's recruiting.

All that said, IF TRUE, then there is NO WAY that you have "never met Jerry". NO WAY. Once again, a dozen posts in and I have already caught you in several statements devoid of truth.

It's ok, though. I kinda enjoy pummeling you, mentally.

Voice, the simple fact that I do chose my words carefully for a purpose has me laughing because you are so far off base. I simply say "your ladies" because you are obviously more "installed" with the program at this point than I am. I haven't been a fixture in the ORU program for a while now! I am an ORU fan, and there is nothing wrong with a little criticism from time to time. I didn't or would ever suggest that the coaching hire was wrong, or that I could do a better job. But, open forums are just that, they are open to ideas, they are open to opinions, they are open to suggestions and most importantly they are open to criticism. Just because I know things about the program doesn't mean I have to have met Jerry. There are plenty of other people that are associated with and have been associated with the program recently.

Good luck to the ladies against baylor tomorrow. would be a great upset! (See voice, something positive)

Good thing it's Christmas season and everyone is in the Holiday Spirit, huh?....... |(