ORU at Baylor Predictions..........

theeagleman5

Big NCAA opening game tomorrow night and TheEagleman has been praying those bold prayers all week for our boys.....my head tells me that we have little chance but my heart says different....plus, look at that first series back in February....the Bears were very fortunate to win the first two games....ORU came from ahead both times to lose, 3-2.....only in the final game did they whip us by 8-1.....so our guys should not be intimidated by playing at this venue......Baylor is 29-3 at home....they are very good.....really good......we will need perhaps the best performance of Drew Bowen's career to have a shot.....but he is capable and he's finally fully healthy....ORU is not likely to score a lot of runs.....but I can see a pair of clutch HRs by Trevino and Schluehuber and Bowen's arm carrying ORU to a stunning 4-3 opening victory.....then bring on Dallas Baptist!!!..... ;-):eagles:

• Upvote 1

An Eagles win would be sweet! I find it interesting that the format of the NCAA regional (vs. the Summit League tournament format) could work in ORU's favor in that they play 2 games on Friday, 2 games on Saturday, 2 games on Sunday, and, if necessary, a winner take all game on Monday.

By stretching it out potentially over 4 days (vs. 3 days like the Summit Leauge tournament) it could help a team like ORU who may be able to get more innings out of Drew Bowen in a Monday night winner take all game (after starting the Friday night game) vs. if that same game was being played on Sunday. Of course, if ORU were to go 2-0 in the first 2 games then that format could work against them by giving the opponents more time for their pitching staffs to recover.

well, i felt a lot better until i saw that Baylor is tossing an undefeated lefty. i guess you can look at like the good guys are due to hit a left hander. :)

i got my fingers crossed that this is the night it happens.

Dallas Baptist beats UT-Arlington 10-0. Ouch!

Arkansas beats Sam Houston State 5-4.

Both Southland teams go down but Sam Houston did a nice job hanging with Arkansas.

Charlottesville Regional where OU is playing is rained out today and they will probably play 3 games tomorrow to help make it up.

ORU trails 2-0 with Baylor batting in the home 5th....we just left the sacks loaded in the top of the inning.....that was our big chance....Bowen pitching well but we can't get any clutch hits....just what TheEagleman was afraid of..... :sweat:

ORU rocks Turley for 3 in the 6th and grabs the lead 3-2....only a diving catch by the LF to rob Trevino kept the good guys from getting more....RBI doubles by Pickar and Domenico highlighted the inning....Bowen doing a good job so far....needs to hold the Bears for the next few innings.....we have a shot!... :nerd:

Gotta hold this lead!! Need some strong relief pitching!

Still 3-2 with ORU batting in the 8th....Bowen has given way to Joe Spring....Turley also gone....we need 6 outs for a major upset.... :sweat:

This game bears an amazing resemblence to the first two games of the season vs. the Bears....let's pray for a different outcome this time.......... :sweat:

9th inning....ORU now up 4-2....TheEagleman's nails bitten to the nub...... :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Amazing! (First baseball post of the year= front runner.)

Great job by ORU baseball. Bowen and Spring were nails.

After what happened to him last year, Cheech has to licking his chops to get another shot at DBU.

ORU stuns Baylor, 4-2!!!!!!!!!!!...what a finish....Spring gets hosed on a 3-2 call for a walk and then strikes out the next batter only to see it get by the catcher to put runners on first and 2nd...with the winning run at the plate, Joe gets the final out on a grounder to 2nd....ORU in the winners bracket tomorrow night vs. DALLAS BAPTIST!!!....YEE-HAH!!!..... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Some tidbits.....that's the first loss of the year for Baylor's Turley....he's 9-1......Drew Bowen now 7-2 and a great 3 inning save for Joe Spring....that kid has come up big....and how about .211 hitting Nate Goro hitting an 8th inning HR for a huge insurance run?....amazing comeback win for ORU.....bring on Dallas Baptist.....we owe them from last year!..... ;-):eagles:

Fantastic late-game performance by the Golden Eagles.

It's weird, but I wonder if it's really helped this year's team to have played in so many games where runs were hard to come by. Tonight's nail-biter was just another day at the office for this bunch - that's how they've clawed for most of their wins this season!

Props to Bowen and Spring for some gutty pitching, and the entire team for piecing together so many hits against a VERY formidable pitching staff.

Who says we can't hit lefties?? :rofl:

Great win for ORU. Enjoying this moment for sure (also helps to offset the Cardinals being on the receiving end tonight of the first Met's no-no in history). Gotta think beating the Big-12 champs tonight has the athletic brass over in Stillwater licking their chops... so lets enjoy this team and this coach for a little while longer and keep dream alive tomorrow night.

Go Golden Eagles!

Amazing performance! I'm confident with Gonzalez leading the charge tomorrow night. Let's go get DBU!

Those with long memories will recall Gonzo getting rocked by DBU in the our regional finals loss last year....Alex has been waiting for this opportunity to even the score......Baptists vs. Pentecostals tomorrow night.....the Good Lord might be watching from his super box seat in the sky...... ;-):eagles: