Chicago State Leading

MrsSmith

I guess I just dont think the NCAA spends much thought on the 14-16 seeds and this late in the RPI, one game just doesnt effect it much. I mean 127 versus 132? Dont mean much, losing to Western Illinois is what will hurt, not BEATING Chi St.

ash =o)

I would imagine that they will consider that ORU beat WIU twice with Ken Tutt and didn't win when Tutt was injured. I think KT being hurt those 10 games will be considered by the NCAA. ORU has done everything they are suppose to do this season. Win 20 games, the regular season title and a tournament title with a win tomorrow. The preseason pick lives up to all the hype. Pretty impressive resume if you ask me. I don't think too many 2 or 3 seeds will be happy with their draw come Selection Sunday. This team actually looked like the Sweet 16 team we expected back in November. You know Gonzaga was unranked at one time and so was Valpo when they went to the Sweet 16. Has a 15 seed ever won? Someone needs to be the first and it might as well be us.

A 15 seed has won 4 times since the field expanded to 64 teams in 1985. The most recent (if you'll remember) was in 2001 when Hampton beat Iowa State 58-57. My biased opinion thinks that we are better than a 15 now that we have KT back. Its not out of the rhealm of possibilities. Expect a Miracle! - its our turn for the upset!

"The play-in game is not the tourney."

It doesnt seem like it, but yes it is part of the tourney. Remember- thats how the field expanded from 64 to 65.

We've had many of the same discussions when we were in the tournament. The facts are you just don't know. We couldn't believe it the year we were a 16 and got Michigan State. I think we looked and figured there were at least 8 teams that we were as good as, or better than that were ahead of us in the committee rankings. The problem is pretty simple, the Mid-Con does not get any respect. We are the 28th ranked conference out of 32 this year. You will be very lucky to get anything better than a 15 and you might well get a 16. Anything above that is gravy....BUT as I keep trying to tell some of our fans, getting in the tournament is the reward for the season. Anything you do in it is just gravy. Win tonight and ENJOY the NCAA ride for however long it lasts. It's a fun, wonderful week.

Chicago St beat W Ill, Valpo, and IUPUI (twice now), all of whom beat ORU. So, Chicago St can beat ORU and is playing well right now, maybe better than Oakland was last year.

Get in the dance first, then talk about seeds.

Win tonight and ENJOY the NCAA ride for however long it lasts. It's a fun, wonderful week.
Thanks, rlh, and I want to say I appreciate your graciousness over the last couple of days, which I know have been very hard for Valpo fans. Your replies have been thoughtful, and courteous, even when some post could be construed to be a little inflammatory. I appreciate that!

Hope we get a chance to talk today!