Chicago State Leading

MrsSmith

Chi State has led most of the game. They are up 5 now.

Do you think we have a better chance against Chicago State?

I'm not really sure who I want us to play. I was so happy after UMKC lost last year and we got to play lousy Oakland :( (worst record to ever be in the tourney). IUPUI is obviously far more talented than Chi State, but they are hot, hot, hot, right now. I will still choose to play Chi State even though I have to look at those ugly uniforms. If ORU plays like they did tonight with intensity and the crowd is as good as tonight, then I don't think it matters who we play.

RPI? What does that matter now? I Chi St holds on to win, they would have won 7 of their last 8. I personally would rather face a fading IUPUI.

ash =o)

I didn't even think about the RPI situation, yea playing CS will hurt it, but in the end I don't care who we play I just want into the BIG DANCE!

Its over... Chi St tomorrow. RPI is pointless, ORU is going to be no better than a 14 and prolly a 15. With the right matchup, they could pull of the big upset. Of course... there is still one game to be played...

ash =o)

RPI is not pointless. Look at Lunardi today - he has us in the play-in game. Ridiculous, right? Not really, since beating Western Ill dropped our RPI to the low 130's, below every other conference leader (he moved us from a 15 seed straight to the bottom).

I'm confident the play-in game won't happen, but a 16 seed is not out of the question with a further drop in RPI. IUPUI would have been 18-9 against D1 teams; CSU is 11-18. That's enough to move quite a few spots.

Excuse me, but if we win tomorrow we go dancin' for the first time in years and some of you are still whining. It looks like a 15 seed, & frankly we have had a fantastic season.

I'd rather be playing Chicago State than IUPUI tomorrow night.....we have their number.

We actually get money $$$$$ for playing in the NCAA for every round, not a luxury of the NIT last year.

It is absolutely pointless, it is only the difference of a couple places in the RPI which is only a benchmark for the committee. If ORU is in the play-in game... SO WHAT! That is THE best way to get an NCAA win and a national stage. Then you get a shot at Villanova...

ash =o)

I don't see anyone whining in here. My point was that given the choice between two teams that I think we have equal chances to beat, I would rather play the one that helps us get a better seed. If I thought we had a better chance to beat CSU, I would have been rooting for them, but IUPUI didn't scare me. Ash pointed out their fade, and I thought CSU looked much better tonight.

In any event, it doesn't matter - the game is set, we're going to whip some Cougar tail and go dancing!!!

Excuse me, but if we win tomorrow we go dancin' for the first time in years and some of you are still whining. It looks like a 15 seed, & frankly we have had a fantastic season.

I think Tex is just pointing out that it looks like we could possibly win and still not be in the dance. The play-in game is not the tourney.

I bet you that Oakland didn't mind all the extra media coverage by being on a nationally televised game. Oakland got their first NCAA Tournament win and tons of spotlight time before the tournament actually started. They were the college basketball story for several days. The play-in game is the best possible situation if you are going to be a 16 seed. ORU is probaby a 15 seed, but some upsets could help ORU be the last 14 seed. The NCAA will take into account that Ken Tutt missed two of our losses. They will also see how competitive we were in games against Utah State, Marquette and Oklahoma. They take everything into account. A win tomorrow would put 20 wins, regular season title and tournament title on our resume. That is pretty impressive when you have an all-american on your team. Look for ORU vs. Texas in Dallas as of right now. Some upsets in other conference tournaments could give ORU a more favorable match-up, but could be far away from home.

Last year, wasn't Bucknell a 14 seed versus 3 seed Kansas?

If our guys can carry that attitude that's highlighted in my signature below into the NCAA tourney, we not only can upset a team, but likely will! It's arguable that we could have been a 12 or 13 seed last year (probably a 13) and we have effectively the same starting 5 as last year's team!

We'll see....

I guess I just dont think the NCAA spends much thought on the 14-16 seeds and this late in the RPI, one game just doesnt effect it much. I mean 127 versus 132? Dont mean much, losing to Western Illinois is what will hurt, not BEATING Chi St.

ash =o)