KEVI LUPER

Holtontulsa

Congratulations to Kevi Luper on becoming the career leader in points in the Summit League. Kevi scored 41 points tonight against NDSU at NDSU... Was also the most points scored by an opponent on the opponents floor.

Kevi will have a handfull of games to add to her record since her senior year will be played in the Southland Conference! I would be willing to bet her record will be safe for many years to come in the Summit League.

(Lets see the Summit League try to snub Kevi for player of the week this week!)

It was a great game for Kevi ... and we needed her energy and performance, too. She sure looked good from the opening minutes. She hit a couple of those 3-pointers early and she was "off and running"

It has seemed like the Summit League ignores Kevi every week they have a chance. They give it to some gal who has one good game that week against a crummy second division team. She needs to probably score her average agains SDSU inorder to win it ...

Another comment about the women's game, the NDSU radio/TV commentators were consistently complementary about the Kevi Luper play ... When she had 19 points in the first half, they kept commenting on what a great player and performer she is ... and by mid-way into the 2nd half, they were effusive in their praise for her play, and for the show they were seeing. They started the "countdown" early on her 27th point for the Summit record, and as she approached the all-time record in that arena for an opponent, they were kindof cheering her on. They were impressed about every part of her game ... and they were complementary of the ORU team play, too. They were a "class" broadcast team.

I know for a fact that the last two weeks, Kevi has had better stats than the person winning the player of the week award. I think that the league may be "Kevi'd out" so to speak. It isn't that big of a surprise when she scores 25 a game to them anymore.

If she is snubbed for player of the week this week simply for setting the record, it would be a complete slap in the face for all the hard work and effort Kevi has put in. Monday against SD, Hegge did have a better statistical game than she did. That shouldn't matter though.

I also believe that the league is turning the head away from her as much as possible since ORU is jumping ship for the Southland Conference next year. If Kevi is not awarded the "Player of the Year" in the league and possibly not the "Defensive Player of the Year" this will be a complete and intentional disregard for everything she has been able to accomplish in her first three years!

Big Kuddos to Kevi and the Women's basketball team for a solid performance against SD.. Need to got get one Monday against SDSU who now has a 2 game lead on ORU. We need to beat them Monday and hope they slip up one of their two or three final games!!!!

Proud to be an ORU fan!!!

Check out the "Splash Page" when you sign-on the the Summit League Website page. Earlier tonight It was a full page acknowledgement, with pictures of Kevi and ORU logo, etc ... of Kevi Luper's accomplishment of becoming the leading scorer in Summit League history. I think that is a good sign from the league that this milestone deserves its recognition, in a big way... Especially in this 30th year celebration period. Later when I signed on, it went to their "normal" home page. But it's worth checking out ... You may see it too, when you first signon for the day...

Big road win for the ORU ladies yesterday...they needed that one....and no surprise that Kevi Luper is the player to lead the way....TheEagleman offers congrats on her new scoring record.....Kevi is a very special young lady... :inlove:

A player could not be more deserving of this honor than Kevi Luper. She is a fine young lady that conducts herself admirably both on and off the court. She represents the ideal in a player for ORU.

We're proud of you, Kevi, for ALL of your accomplishments, but especially those yesterday. Congratulations on such an outstanding game.

What an amazing accomplishment for Kevi and her teammates. Make room in the rafters for another #15. She will be the last Golden Eagle basketball player to ever wear that number.

What an amazing accomplishment for Kevi and her teammates. Make room in the rafters for another #15. She will be the last Golden Eagle basketball player to ever wear that number.

That's a great observation, alum! Although, how soon could we expect that to happen? It might be a few years before they actually retire the number - or maybe not. It will be interesting to see. I vote for at the end of her senior season.

That is, if I get a vote! ;-)

That's a great observation, alum! Although, how soon could we expect that to happen? It might be a few years before they actually retire the number - or maybe not. It will be interesting to see. I vote for at the end of her senior season.

That is, if I get a vote! ;-)

i agree 100%...put it up on senior night next year...how cool would that be.

even if they waited, i don't think they would issue the number. the athletic department already made that mistake in issuing Anthony Roberts' #15 a couple of time prior to it being retired.

You have to be five years out to be eligible for ORU's Hall of Fame, so I'm thinking they might wait that long to retire her number, too. Maybe she goes into the Hall and gets her number retired on the same night! (And there better be a Kevi bobblehead somewhere in her future!)

I thought to myslef, the night they retired Krista Ragans number that they should retire her number the last home game of next year... I think that would be appropriate for what she has done for this school!

I say retire the number at the end of next year! Then in 5 make sure she goes HOF!

Ditto that, JJONES.

Amazing that arguably the best men's and women's players in ORU history will have worn #15.....TheEagleman believes that Anthony Roberts was the best ORU men's player and while she still has a year left....Kevi Luper is well on her way to possibly being the best women's ORU player of all time.....this should start up a few arguments....and TheEagleman would have it no other way..... :nerd:

Agree that Kevi is the best women's basketball player of all time (so far). She is better than the ladies that played in the late 70's and early 80's.

I believe retiring Krista's number was in anticipation of retiring Kevi's number in six years. It would have been hard to retire Kevi's number without acknowledging the achievements of Krista...the person that really helped jump-start the women's program in the mid-90's.