• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• ORUTerry

• ORU82

• ManiacAlum

Yep they aren't happy to be playing ORU either. It would still be a nice win especially on ESPN so that recruits can watch the game and that is always a big deal.

Agreed. Other than the fact is wasn't a 'name' on the front on the jersey that many of us were hoping for, it is a win-win-win situation!

Frankly, if we are able to take care of business over the next three weeks - this game will promote itself. That is on top of the fact that it will be Senior NIght as well as the Bobblehead promotion.

Just win baby.

My only other question is, why send both Akron and Wichita State on 1000-mile trips instead of sending Akron on a shorter trip to Davidson?

Other than that, it'll be a good game. Just win.

I just wish they would have set ORU up in a series with Wichita State. A home game with the Shockers would be a sell out.

I just wish they would have set ORU up in a series with Wichita State. A home game with the Shockers would be a sell out.

I'm guessing Wichita State had something to say about that... like, "No Way!".

I'm guessing Wichita State had something to say about that... like, "No Way!".

Very possibly.

Either way, I know my boy MM will promote the heck out of it. And, if we continue the win streak, I would anticipate a capacity/near capacity crowd!

ORU whips Akron by double digits.....end of discussion......for now we concentrate on SDSU.... :nerd:

The Eagleman is right. We can muse about Akron all day long if we'd like but I'm sure Coach Sutton has them focused on one thing and one thing only - beating SDSU Thursday nite.

I think Coach Sutton is one the best in the League,which is why i bet he is focused on beating NDSU. He's smart enough to know that his team loses tonight,which creates a real possibility of a 2 game sweep in the Dakotas.

Geez- that was some weak smack :)

I think Coach Sutton is one the best in the League,which is why i bet he is focused on beating NDSU. He's smart enough to know that his team loses tonight,which creates a real possibility of a 2 game sweep in the Dakotas.

Geez- that was some weak smack :)

Nice try, jackit! ;-)

Yes, quite weak. In fact, I GUARANTEE his team doesn't lose tonight.

Ha! You can book it!

That is some very weak smack.....TheEagleman thinks SDSU will put up a real tussle TOMORROW night.....this is their last chance to make a run at us for the regular season title and that coveted NIT berth....Expect them to come out firing with everything they've got.....the crowd will be loud.....our guys won't care.....unfortunately, the Jackrabbit fans will be heading home disappointed tomorrow night....yeah, they have Wolters.....but not much else.....let him have his 30-35......we have too much DoMo, Niles, Craion, Tree and DBH.....Lliteras will get a few also......it will be a tough game and not the blowout we saw at Mabee Center....but in the end....ORU will walk away with a hard fought win and a 3 game lead.....TheEagleman is calling it about 87-82.......89rabbit, jackit and their pals will need to stock up on the Busch and Old Milwaukee Light to ease the pain..... ;-)

Akron just hired Terry Bowden (former HC at Auburn) as its head coach for football and his first assistant hire was Chuck Amato who was the former HC at North Carolina State. I guess they wanted Tressel (former HC at Ohio State) to complete the picture. They also built a new football stadium and indoor practice facility in the last couple of years. However, at the end of the day they are still Akron.