• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• ORUTerry

• ORU82

• ManiacAlum

it must have everyone scratching their heads, because "Oral Roberts" is trending on twitter.

at least ORU got a TV game, but somebody go check on MM. he can't be happy with the draw when WSU was a perfect fit.

What a joke.

So... even if we beat these losers it still hurts us.

Where did you get that?

I watched the Bracketbuster show on espnu. The only other team in the Summit to get a tv game is SDSU. They play at noon.

What (if anything) were they thinking? Akron? Really? I guess Wichita State made too much sense.

At least our guys won't be looking past the XDSU's this weekend to the "marquee" matchup with Akron... But that's about the only good thing with us drawing the ZIPS.

At least our guys won't be looking past the XDSU's this weekend to the "marquee" matchup with Akron... But that's about the only good thing with us drawing the ZIPS.

Both of the Dakota teams are much much better teams than Akron.

SDSU didn't exactly get a great match up either...

Some thoughts on ORU's matchup from Andy Katz...

6. Akron at Oral Roberts, Feb. 18 (2 p.m., ESPN/ESPN2): The Zips are in first place in the MAC and have the defensive presence in Zeke Marshall. His ability to block and alter shots will be a potential difference maker going forward. The Zips, if they can win the MAC tournament, proved that they have the ability to step up in play when they won at Mississippi State. But that was a lifetime ago. Oral Roberts is undefeated in the Summit (although that may change with a game at South Dakota State on Thursday). The Eagles’ best win was over a depleted Xavier in Cincinnati. ORU would be an interesting case for the selection committee if it doesn’t lose again and has four losses. Akron probably can’t get in without winning the MAC tournament -- the league that can’t seem to get multiple bids.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/46681/first-impressions-of-bracketbusters-lineup

SDSU didn't exactly get a great match up either...

good point. both teams got hosed.

FULL TV SCHEDULE

Friday, Feb. 17 (all times ET)

7 p.m. – Northern Iowa at VCU (ESPN2)

9 p.m. – Valparaiso at Loyola Marymount (ESPNU)

Saturday, Feb. 18

11 a.m. – Drexel at Cleveland State (ESPNU)

Noon – Wichita State at Davidson (ESPN or ESPN2)

1 p.m. – Buffalo at South Dakota State (ESPNU)

2 p.m. – Akron at Oral Roberts (ESPN or ESPN2)

3 p.m. – Drake at New Mexico State (ESPNU)

4 p.m. – Nevada at Iona (ESPN or ESPN2)

5 p.m. – Old Dominion at Missouri State (ESPNU)

6 p.m. – Saint Mary’s at Murray State (ESPN or ESPN2)

7 p.m. – UNC Asheville at Ohio (ESPN3)

8 p.m. – UT-Arlington at Weber State (ESPN3)

10 p.m. – Long Beach State at Creighton (ESPN2)

BracketBusters national TV appearances, by conference

5 – Missouri Valley

3 – CAA, MAC

2 – Horizon, Summit, WAC, WCC

1 – Big Sky, Big South, Big West, MAAC, Ohio Valley, Southern, Southland

Other Summit BracketBusters:

Oakland at Illinois State (MVC)

Western Michigan (MAC) at North Dakota State

Western Illinois at Evansville (MVC)

Southern Utah at UC-Riverside (Big West)

IPFW at Eastern Kentucky (OVC)

Wright State (Horizon) at UMKC

Texas State (Southland) at South Dakota

IUPUI at Nicholls State (Southland)

Akron?....that's a joke!.....just the team OT said he DIDN'T want to see.....the game makes no sense....No. Iowa gets sent to VCU?....Wichita St. goes to Davidson?....and Nevada cannot be happy with being sent to Iona????.....Iona stinks. ORU should have been playing one of those teams.....we got hosed big time....at least we are on TV but the afternoon 1pm start can't be good for attendence in Tulsa....we will be lucky to get 5000.....WSU would have been a sellout....No. Iowa or Nevada would have been very good draws.....TheEagleman isn't happy other than I will get to see the game that afternoon......This game does nothing for our RPI....oh well.....I guess we knew all along that it comes down to the Summit tournament.... :@

One of my other degrees is from Ohio. I was just on their board and if you think people here are upset, try visiting bobcatattack.com. Ohio gets that powerhouse team UNC-Ashville, and no TV. It appears that not too many people are happy right now.

The Zips played WVU after we did and lost something like 77-56. They did beat Mississippi State but that was way early in the season. They can be good at times and do play fairly well at that band-box they call a gym and know locally as the JAR. However I hope we jump on them early and crush them. I was at the game when we played WVU and we should have won that game. We came on strong late and had them on the ropes. Just could not finish the deal. It we played them today, I would bet on our winning.

GO EAGLES!

ESPN must have a machine that chooses the worst possible matchups for everyone involved.

Akron at ORU

Wichita State at Davidson

Northern Iowa at VCU(!?)

Nevada at Iona

None of those make sense whatsoever.