ORU vs. UTSA Predictions....

theeagleman5

The ONLY upside to this debacle (if you call it an "upside") is that we are now officially in the running to host a 4-team NIT consolation bracket "pod" at the Mabee Center next Monday and Tuesday night.

We should know something by tomorrow (Thursday). If we could muster up a win against a smallish yet talented Arkansas-Pine Bluff team tonight in Stillwater, then manage to sweep a couple of games at home next week, this whole NIT experience might not be such a bad thing after all.

I realize that nothing is ever "final", but according to the pre-season NIT "rules", the three highest seeded teams not going to NYC will host the other brackets. If that is true, then #5 George Mason and #6 ORU are "locks" to host, and #7 Colorado State will host unless #2 OSU loses tonight, in which a bracket will return to Stillwater.

The teams will be assigned regionally, but would not create rematches from this week, so I would predict that SMU and Florida International will be coming to Tulsa, along with one of the trifecta of Manhattan/Albany/Brown. Could be interesting...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• tmh8286

• OKC Eagle

• TrueBlue82

Priority #1 has to be to figure out the scoring droughts. They are a common occurrence (usually, but not always, at the start of the 2nd half) for as long as I can remember. A quicker time out could not have hurt, but I am not convinced the fix is that simple. We finally started to turn things around when we switched Domo for Tree at the high post and Domo was able to do his thing close to the basket. It just seems that our attitude during the droughts is to keep doing the same thing and push through, but when the defense is not working, the score changes quickly. It would be nice to have some bread and butter plays that give a new look to the defense that gets us out of the rut.

Very good points.

As much as this hurts right now - with a win tonight and three straight games at home we could be looking at 4-2 a week from today, and all this will be forgotten.

I keep posting stuff and then deleting it about who the fourth team might be.

Suffice it to say, it will be somebody from back East: one of those Brown, Monmouth-y, Manhattan-y kind of teams.

Looks like UTSA may win this! Who would have guessed?

What does that do to our chance of hosting? Will OSU host again?

If I read the NIT rules right, we would BOTH host, along with George Mason. Of course, having two brackets this close probably doesn't make a lot of sense, so who knows what they would do. And, since we didn't play them before - we could get matched up with them. Stay tuned...