ORU vs. UTSA Predictions....

theeagleman5

Big game for the Good Guys tomorrow night....really it's an early season must win game as we should not be going 0-2....plus, TheEagleman will be watching his first ORU game in person in Oklahoma in 35 years.....I hope that I haven't come over 1500 miles to watch a loss.....know we are shorthanded with no Ken Holdman and no DBH....the starters will all have to go 30+ minutes and it won't be easy against a scrappy and talented UTSA bunch.....still, TheEagleman expects the Fab 5 of DoMo, Tree, Craion, Niles and Pearson to all come up big......ORU wins in a battle.....82-77......go Blue!.....I plan to be moving down close to the floor after all the OSU fans....I hope to run into a few of you!.... :nerd:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• tmh8286

• OKC Eagle

• TrueBlue82

Eagleman, I would expect the OSU fans to stay for a little bit of the ORU game - maybe through the first half (ending around 10:30 CDT) - just to see the Suttons and Brooks Thompson coach at GIA. Look for the blue shirt people if you are looking for the ORU crowd.

i'll go with ORU by 14.

(excerpt)

Sean Sutton returns to Gallagher-Iba Arena

BY JOHN HELSLEY, Staff Writer, jhelsley@opubco.com comment_icon.gif0

Published: November 14, 2011

STILLWATER — It was back in the summer when Sean Sutton first realized the schedule posed a potential matchup with Oklahoma State.

And not just a game against the Cowboys, the program he coached for two seasons, but a game inside Gallagher-Iba Arena.

“I've not stepped foot in that arena since I moved out of my office a week after I resigned,†Sutton said.

Sean, now a full-time assistant to his brother Scott at Oral Roberts, returns to the site of so many memories – most of them good – Tuesday in a NIT Season Tip-Off doubleheader. The Suttons' Golden Eagles face Texas-San Antonio in the late game, following OSU's 7 p.m. matchup with Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

UTSA, ironically, is coached by another former Cowboy in Brooks Thompson, making for three players in this pod of the tournament holding OSU playing ties, just none of them on the home bench.

This is going to be an emotional night for Sean Sutton back in the OSU arena for the first time in a few years....let's hope ORU can also step up and make it a memorable week for both Suttons....would be nice to win a pair and advance to MSG and the semis next weekin in NYC.....but one game at a time...I will look for the ORU blue shirts tonight....my ticket is up top in section 301....but hoping to move down early in game 2..... :nerd:

CBSSports.com: ORU, 77-70

RealTimeRPI: ORU, 77-66

Danny Sheridan/USA Today: ORU, -7.5

I just don't see it.

This past week, UTSA went into a hostile environment and easily handled a rebuilding but nevertheless talented UTEP team by double digits.

We had the same opportunity at West Virginia and never led in the game (BTW, West Virginia was beaten handily today by Kent State in Morgantown, as part of the ESPN 24-Hour Marathon).

UTSA is experienced AND deep. We're just experienced.

The ghost of Henry Iba takes over the OSU-bred coaching staffs, combining with the jet-lagged referees getting whistle-happy near midnight.

Sluggish foul-fest favors the Roadrunners bench: UT-San Antonio 69, ORU 64.

With Damen we win 77-69

Without Damen we lose 73-67

Reposted from other UTSA related topic:

Ranked #237 by ESPN The Magazine and picked to win the Southland Conference Tournament by Sporting News, the Roadrunners should make us work for everything tomorrow night.

UTSA returns 4 starters including SLC POY candidate, Jeromie Hill (13.4 pts | 6'8" So.) and their top returning scorer Melvin Johnson (14.9 pts | 6'5" Jr).

To put their UTEP win in perspective, the Miners are predicted to finish 7th in CUSA after graduating 8 seniors.

I don't want to underestimate the Roadrunners, as Brooks Thompson has proven himself as a big time coach with the ability to motivate his players to win any game, but this is the type of game we should win if we plan on having the kind of year we have been hoping to have.

just don't there is any way the Sutton boys are going to lose this game in GIA versus Brooks Thompson.

the betting public likes also ORU tonight...line has moved to ORU -7.5

A Brutal heartbreaking loss in Stillwater tonight.....this is what happens when you miss 3 FTs in the last 6 seconds.....the game should have been salted away.....ah, such is life....TheEagleman still enjoyed watching the game from row 3 with OKCEagle, ORU Terry, OT, Mike Minyard and the great Larry Owens.....a win would have made it a perfect night but it was not to be....Coach Sutton needs to start reading up on when to use timeouts....he should have called one to stem that 16-2 run in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half that saw a 15 pt lead disappear..... :fubar: :fubar: :fubar: ....a tough tough loss.......but still a lot of fun to see ORU play again in person....thanks to OKCEagle for the $200 seats.....awesome view to watch the game from courtside!...... :clap: