Ten Things I Would Like To See This Season

Old Titan

My son is a senior in HS and is currently doing what they call "concurrent enrollment" - he's taking classes at Tulsa Community College that count toward both HS and college credits.

It seems like whatever classes these recruits took and passed in summer and fall sessions should count in similar fashion. Seems like, if we're providing them with a scholarship for this year, they should at LEAST be able to practice, if not fully qualify, by second semester.

Sometimes the NCAA seems so overbearing that they're their own worst enemy.

Seems like before they have the scholarship and start taking college classes they should be qualified or have at least a clear path to qualify instead of trying to get cleared by the NCAA at the last minute.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would review OT's wishlist to see how he is doing. It's almost like Christmas. He got a definite 7 out of 10, with 2 uncertainties and 1 no go.

My annual wish list, in absolutely no order at all:

1. When someone drives the baseline, we stop him before he reaches the paint. Even if it means tackling him.

I've seen it. We have even used a fair amount of zone (gasp).

2. A full-court press when we're NOT down by 10 points with 4:00 to go. In other words, when the opponent least expects it. Just to mess with them, and get our own juices flowing.

Definitely got this. Could still use a little more.

3. When we DO full-court press, it would be nice to not give up an immediate lay-up at the other end. Because when we do (and we always seem to early in the year), the press goes back on the shelf for another month - or year.

Definitely got this too. Press was very effective early on.

4. When we have a double-digit lead, and the opponent hits back-to-back shots to cut it to 8 or 9, an IMMEDIATE timeout, instead of waiting another minute or two until the media timeout, by which time the opponent has tied the game or taken the lead.

After UTSA, this seems to be the new MO.

5. An inbounds play under our own basket that does NOT merely consist of chucking the ball 60 feet into the backcourt and hoping we get to it before they do.

I have seen this, but have we run a play for an easy basket?

6. Steven Roundtree with less than two fouls at halftime.

I witnessed this personally at the MSU game. I bet he has done it again. Domo has had more foul trouble than Tree this year. How about making it through an overtime and a half last night with no fouls.

7. Dominique Morrison with more than 10 shots at halftime.

No idea. Would have to check the stats.

8. The return of the "YMCA". I don't care if it has homosexual overtones - the kids love it, and they don't care.

Not yet and don't hold your breath.

9. The banishment of the "rubber chicken throw" promotion during timeouts. It's old, it's not fair to the contestants, and it's stupid. In fact, ANY promotion that includes "The Chicken Dance Polka" should be considered an attack on America and must be stopped at all costs.

I think you got this one. I have not seen it in the games I have been at.

10. I love the band, and I love their song selections. I also love loud music - IN MY CAR OR ON MY HEADPHONES. It would be nice to actually carry on a conversation with a person sitting right next to me during timeouts and halftime. How about a little volume control?

This is your judgment call. My first seats were in M where it was brutal. I then moved to C which was better because of distance but they pointed right at me. Now my seats are in K and I think the band seems quieter.

They did the chicken throw competition at the last home game. I know because my son got beat by one point by a girl and I still don't think he has been able to deal with it. :wasntme:

They did the chicken throw competition at the last home game. I know because my son got beat by one point by a girl and I still don't think he has been able to deal with it. :wasntme:

:rofl: