ORU vs. Oregon, 1977 NIT, entire first half

Old Titan

Turning point of the first half (game?) was when Alvin Scott was called for his third(!) foul mid way through the half and left the game. I think he had held Ballard scoreless up to that time.

I find it interesting that Anthony Roberts and Greg Ballard ended up being on the same 80-81 Washingtom Bullets team.

Almost as big of a blast-from-the-past as the video: an ORob1 sighting. :hai:

. . . with perhaps the coolest avatar ever invented.

How about Dick Harter on the Duck bench....Dick was acting like one there early in the game....he coached at Univ. of Pennsylvania prior to being at Oregon and then went on to coach in the NBA for many years....TheEagleman also noticed old pal Kevin Dublynn (#10 backup guard) on the bench....Kevin was a really good guy and we shared a few brews together back in the day....Dubs was from Bayside, NY and was quite a character....in fact, EaglemanJr is named after Kevin....the first MrsEagleman liked the name....also noticed a lot of familiar faces in the crowd....Good Times!.... :smile:

Woosie Roberts was such a fabulous player..what a shooting touch....could have been really an outstanding NBA player if not for his drug issues.....and Arnold Dugger was such a smooth ballhandler...one of the best in ORU history and deserving of his Hall of Fame Status....and Carleton Hurdle?.....TheEagleman had forgotten about him....what a stiff..... |(

Anybody notice the late Bobby Watson on the ORU bench?....Coach Watson was a really nice man and an asst coach under Jerry Hale....Watson was a fine recruiter along with Terry Scott and was hired as the head coach at U. of Evansville after this game and perished in a tragic plane crash only a few games into his first season in the fall of 1977....he was only in his 30's and had a wife and kids..... :'(....so that's at least 3 young guys from that ORU team....Roberts, Dugger and Coach Watson all passed on in just 34 yrs....wow!

Yeah, I thought it was an appropriate time to chime in! With three little Eagles of my own now, I don't have nearly as much time to play as I used to. It's good to be missed though. Thanks, OT!

Go Big Blue!

Rob

. . . with perhaps the coolest avatar ever invented.

Thanks, Dr. Tim! I like it too but can't remember where/who I ripped it off of...

Go Big Blue!

Rob