Send Sunny Home....

theeagleman5

pretty ridiculous coverage on espnU. they are giving ORU no shot...already discussing who TCU will throw against DBU tomorrow night.

not too ridiculous for them to look past us. we are big underdogs going into this game. especially since we don't have a solid #3 pitcher.

Let's hope they do overlook us. Walton has a history of 'surprising' teams that don't take us seriously. We are playing with the house's money now.

not too ridiculous for them to look past us. we are big underdogs going into this game. especially since we don't have a solid #3 pitcher.

fair enough. let's hope third time is a charm w/TCU this season...expecting a miracle

Yeah...we caught a bad break when host TCU lost to Dallas Baptist tonight...our chances against DBU would have been much better than playing the ticked off hosts again....it will take a monumental ORU effort for us to stay in this game especially after the 10-2 beating we absorbed from the Frogs last evening....Coach Walton will probably have to go with Johnson tomorrow afternoon....Guest would be on a pitch count....last week he started Guest and then came on with Johnson...maybe he does the same on Sunday.....regardless, it's gonna take a miracle to beat Top 15 ranked TCU at home.... :sweat::worried::sweat: ....but TheEagleman is still enjoying this win today over OU....I'm very happy..... :grin:

TheEagleman just watched most of the ORU-OU replay on ESPN3...it's still up there for those who missed the game....very enjoyable watching....especially when the camera shows Sunny on the bench in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs.... :razz::-P:razz:

TheEagleman just watched most of the ORU-OU replay on ESPN3...it's still up there for those who missed the game....very enjoyable watching....especially when the camera shows Sunny on the bench in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs.... :razz::-P:razz:

Yeah, he was sitting as far into the shadows as he could go - earlier in the game I think he saw that the camera was on him and he held his hand up to shield his face - I thought that was a funny move.

to his credit, sunny was pretty magnanimous in commenting about ORU's team and coach walton in the post game presser.

in reading some of the coverage this morning, my favorite has to be the Oklahoman's barry tramel who evidently is not aware that ORU is in fact located in the state of Oklahoma at the beginning of his article and refers to them as a cross-state rival later on.

No comfort, no joy

By Berry Tramel

Published: June 5, 2011

Call it Black Saturday.

Spring sports in Oklahoma ended Saturday. With a thud.

By late afternoon, not even the OSU and OU baseball teams were left. The Cowboys lost to Belmont 3-2 in the Nashville Regional, and the Sooners lost to cross-state rival Oral Roberts 7-0 in the Fort Worth Regional.

Read more: http://newsok.com/no-comfort-no-joy/article/3574514#ixzz1OPbTw6BW

It's a sad day over in Norman....they have to be embarassed losing to their "cross state rival".... :razz: .....loved those shades on Sunny hiding the tears....anybody know if Coach Walton and Sunny are friends?....what is their relationship, if any?... 8-)

It's a sad day over in Norman....they have to be embarassed losing to their "cross state rival".... :razz: .....loved those shades on Sunny hiding the tears....anybody know if Coach Walton and Sunny are friends?....what is their relationship, if any?... 8-)

According to the article in the Tulsa World they talk on a regular basis and have maintained their friendship. That may be the reason why we were able to get OU on the schedule next year.

James Hale is a correspondent for all things OU and is on 97.1 every day at 10:45. When discussing this regional, he wouldn't even mention ORU until Kevin Ward brought up ORU directly in a question. Then he said that neither TCU or OU want to have to face a team like ORU or DBU and pretty much left it at that. Any time that a non-BCS school has a significant level of success, it makes these classic BCS schools nervous. Often they don't even want to mention those schools either because they don't care about those schools or they want to pretend that they don't care. It is such insecurity from a group that has no reason to be insecure.

I'm glad that Augusta State beat OSU in the national golf semi-finals today. I'm glad that Butler made it to the NCAA basketball finals 2 years in a row. I'm glad that Rice, Cal St. Fullerton, Wichita State, etc. have had decent levels of success.

Honestly, DBU beating TCU was a good thing. Now we only have to beat TCU once.

Amen, Jason....looks like DBU has a great shot at advancing to next weekends' super regional likely at Rice....TheEagleman is surprised to hear that OU is playing ORU next year...I assume at Norman?...will this just be one game or are they willing to play us a 3 game series?.... :ugeek:

This was a very fun game to be at. I do not think the OU fans were able to cheer after the game started. Their silence was great. ORU defense was far superior to Friday night and OU's was funny. One of our hits should have been the 7th OU error because the shortstop's throw made the 1B jump and the runner beat out the throw only because of that. OU also had a Texas leager popup drop between 1B, 2B and RF when they were all close enough to shake hands. ORU's hitting was really not that great but they took advantage of run scoring opportunities early.

It is ALWAYS ridiculous to look past ORU in a tournament game. With 14 consecutive years of post season experience, a great coach and pretty good stable of pitchers - even a decent 3rd and 4th guy in the rotation - the Golden Eagles are capable of beating almost anyone.

ORU proved that over the weekend...a win tonight and ORU is 2 victories from a first CWS appearance in over 30 yrs..... ;-)