Teams That Have Qualified For Postseason Play

ORUJason

Another surprise are some of the teams that did not qualify for a regional:

Missouri State 61 RPI

Wichita State 76 RPI

In fact Creighton was the only Missouri Valley school to qualify.

Dallas Baptist made it with a 54 RPI while Texas Tech and Elon with better RPIs did not.. Of course RPI is just a tool. I assume Dallas Baptist was possibly the last team to get an at large bid.

NCAA has it in for MSU . . . ;-)

Wow, I didn't realize UALR lost 20 conference games before winning their tournament :eek:

Upsets coupled with a high number of teams getting in from this part of the country sunk MSU and WSU.

I wonder how big that loss to ORU was for WSU? Probably not make or break, but it cost them a 40-win season and a drop in RPI.

It was a bad year to be mediocre and not in a major conference. Baylor, K-State, Cal and St. Johns could have all been left out in favor of a WSU or MSU.

Auburn and East Tenn St also had better RPIs than Dallas Baptist but did not receive an at- large bid. Auburn probably didn't because they had a .500 record.

Yes...an above .500 record always helps...even if they play in the always tough SEC....