Teams That Have Qualified For Postseason Play

ORUJason

So far:

Alcorn St.

Bethune-Cookman

Navy

Princeton

Sacred Heart

And by the way Sonny and his boys lost last night.

So far:

Alcorn St. (26-27) (Alcorn St. is scheduled to play Bethune-Cookman in a DH today even though they are in difference conferences)

Bethune-Cookman (35-22)

Maine (32-22)

Navy (33-23) (Navy beat Army in an all-military final game of the Patriot League tournament)

New Mexico (20-39) (NM beat TCU twice in the MWC tourn. and had lost their previous 6 games prior to winning 4 straight in tourn.)

Princeton (23-22) (Apparently Ivy League teams play 15+ fewer games on average than other conferences)

Sacred Heart (34-21)

Other Berths Possibly Decided Today:

Atlantic 10 - Charlotte (41-14) vs. Richmond (29-26) (Richmond would have to win twice)

Atlantic Sun - Belmont (35-24) vs. Mercer (39-19) (Mercer would have to win twice)

Big South - Coastal Carolina (40-18) vs. Gardner Webb (34-22) (GW would have to win twice)

Colonial - James Madison (39-17) vs. Old Dominion (30-25) (ODU would have to win twice)

Great West (no NCAA berth at stake) - Utah Valley vs. Houston Baptist (HB would have to win twice)

Missouri Valley - Wichita State (39-25) vs. Creighton (43-14) (in winner takes all final game)

Valpo is still alive in the Horizon.

UALR is still alive in the Sun Belt.

And by the way OU and OSU have been eliminated from the Big 12 tournament. Sonny gets ejected in the 4-3 loss to Kansas State.

So far:

Alcorn St. (26-27) (Alcorn St. is scheduled to play Bethune-Cookman in a DH today even though they are in difference conferences)

Bethune-Cookman (35-22)

Maine (32-22)

Navy (33-23) (Navy beat Army in an all-military final game of the Patriot League tournament)

New Mexico (20-39) (NM beat TCU twice in the MWC tourn. and had lost their previous 6 games prior to winning 4 straight in tourn.)

Princeton (23-22) (Apparently Ivy League teams play 15+ fewer games on average than other conferences)

Sacred Heart (34-21)

The seven bids so far would all appear to be eventual #4 seeds in the tourney. While I still believe we would capture a #4 seed with a Summit tourney win, with our history of consecutive seasons in the tournament and some more upset wins (like the Lobos), we might be surprised to earn a #3. Of course, we have to take care of business in SF first!

Sonny ejected?...how could that happen?.... :lol::razz::grin:

Sonny ejected?...how could that happen?.... :lol::razz::grin:

Sunny once again proves an embarrassment for the Crimson & Cream on the big stage.

I just wonder how long OU A.D. Joe Castiglione is willing to put up with a phony like Golloway at the helm of the Sooner baseball program.

Just as when he was at ORU, Sunny manages to win just enough to give the illusion of being successful, without ever actually achieving all that much. Might be the least accomplished coach to average 40 wins a season in the history of college baseball.

Sunny is one in a million...Not many D-1 Coaches can say that they average 40+ wins per season and have had a family member pose nude for Playboy.... :tmi::-o:-P

So far:

Alcorn St. (26-27) (Alcorn St. is scheduled to play Bethune-Cookman in a DH today even though they are in different conferences)

Austin Peay (33-22)

Belmont (36-24)

Bethune-Cookman (35-22)

Charlotte (42-14) #28

Creighton (44-14) #27 (After 3-1 loss Wichita State left with 39-26 record - will that be good enough for an at-large bid? Probably)

Illinois (28-25) (Was #1 seed in Big 10 even though they had a 15-9 conf. record)

James Madison (40-17)

Kent State (42-15)

Maine (32-22)

Manhattan (34-17) (20-2 in MAAC conference)

Rice (41-19) #15 (Tears Houston's (27-32) heart out by beating them in final game 4-3 in 10 innings)

Sacred Heart (34-21)

Texas State (39-21) (Beats Stephen F. Austin in Southland final game 9-0)

Berths To Be Decided Tomorrow:

Big 12 - Missouri (26-30) vs. Texas A&M (40-18) #14 (One game for all the marbles - Missouri could pull off the upset)

Big East - St. Johns (34-18) vs. Seton Hall (31-23) (Winner takes all)

Horizon - Wright State (34-17) vs. Valpo (24-30) (Valpo would have to win twice)

PAC 10 - I believe reg. season champ gets auto bid - UCLA (32-21) and Oregon State (38-15) tied atop conf. standings at 17-8

SEC - Vanderbilt (46-9) #2 vs. Florida (43-15) #5 (Winner takes all)

Southern - Samford (36-22) vs. Georgia Southern (34-23) (Georgia Southern would have to win twice)

WAC - Fresno State (39-14) vs. Hawaii (33-24) (Hawaii would have to win twice)

WCC - San Francisco (30-22) vs. Gonzaga (31-18) (Winner takes all - No conf. tourn. - Reg. season champ both tied going into tomorrow)

UALR is still alive in the Sun Belt.

Utah Valley (34-22) beats Houston Baptist to win the Great West Conference but their season likely ends with no NCAA bid.

Baseball America predicts that ORU winds up in the Fort Worth Regional as the #4 seed....

#1 TCU

#2 Oklahoma

#3 Dallas Baptist

#4 ORU

How much fun would that be?....we might be two and out but TheEagleman would love to see ORU get a shot at OU or Dallas Baptist in the 2nd round....we would have a chance to win against either of those teams... ;-)

ESPN College Baseball bracketology has us in the same regional with the exact same opponents as TheEagleman listed above....i guess that means it's not likely to happen....but it's sure fun to think about it.... :ugeek:

I'd like to see us with another chance at TCU. They are a very talented team, but we only lost to them 6-4 a couple of weeks ago. It would be a fun regional with enough local interest and probably a chance to have some good crowds.

even though he has been banged up a bit this year, i don't think ORU wants any part of matt purke and TCU. he is projected to start the first game and would put ORU in the losers bracket if they are the 4 seed. now if they could get a three seed and face Sunny and OU on friday; that would truly be interesting.

ORU isn't going to be a 3 seed this year although in the projected regional above, there is some argument that we might be better than Dallas Baptist.....DBU had a very good year under the radar and is on par with ORU....anybody know if our team flew or bussed back after the game yesterday?...is there some kind of Selection Show gathering at the Mabee Center?..... :ugeek:

ORU isn't going to be a 3 seed this year although in the projected regional above, there is some argument that we might be better than Dallas Baptist.....DBU had a very good year under the radar and is on par with ORU....anybody know if our team flew or bussed back after the game yesterday?...is there some kind of Selection Show gathering at the Mabee Center?..... :ugeek:

DBU has a RPI of 54 (based on www.warrennolan.com) with some marquee wins over TCU and others, but there is some debate on some sites as to whether DBU will be the last 5 in or the last 5 out. At our current RPI of 95, I can't see us being anything other than a #4 seed (possibly a high #4, but don't really see how that matters with the likes of TCU, Texas, Texas A&M and Rice being the projected first games). We had some quality wins over ASU and WSU, but we let others get away - including a second game vs. ASU, TCU, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri State and the first WSU game.

Haven't heard whether there is a selection show gathering, but since the guys bussed back from Sioux Falls and got back in the middle of the night, there may not be much energy in having a public show for the TV cameras.

DBU definitely has some quality wins and now has the reputation...with a #54 RPI, they certainly deserve to be in the dance....yeah, ORU is a #4 seed this year and will have a difficult first round matchup....gonna be very hard for us to win a game so expectations will be low....TheEagleman wonders if Coach Walton will go with Bowen or Gonzo in Game 1 vs. the top seed.... :ugeek:

DBU has a RPI of 54 (based on www.warrennolan.com) with some marquee wins over TCU and others, but there is some debate on some sites as to whether DBU will be the last 5 in or the last 5 out. At our current RPI of 95, I can't see us being anything other than a #4 seed (possibly a high #4, but don't really see how that matters with the likes of TCU, Texas, Texas A&M and Rice being the projected first games). We had some quality wins over ASU and WSU, but we let others get away - including a second game vs. ASU, TCU, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri State and the first WSU game.

Haven't heard whether there is a selection show gathering, but since the guys bussed back from Sioux Falls and got back in the middle of the night, there may not be much energy in having a public show for the TV cameras.

I don't think they've had one the past couple of years. I've gone to some of them in the past, and besides the team and athletic department staff, there were only a handful of fans that showed up. Can't blame them - it's on Memorial Day, and people are busy with a lot of other activities. Who wants to punch a hole in thier other plans to spend 15-30 min at ORU in the middle of the day?

My guess is that they just decided that the effort wasn't worth the result. I'd be there if they had one, though . . . :wink:

I heard OU had a selection gathering at Sunny's house.....nobody showed up..... :razz::grin::rofl:

I did hear that they had a selection gathering in the Grand Slam Room this morning, but didn't get the news until late this morning. I had already decided to watch the Selection Show at the house, but TMH is correct that it is usually a small gathering with primarily the baseball team, coaches and athletic staff.

It's still a fun way to see where the team goes and will probably be better attended next year when the team win the Summit League in Tulsa (positive thinking intended).

Another surprise are some of the teams that did not qualify for a regional:

Missouri State 61 RPI

Wichita State 76 RPI

In fact Creighton was the only Missouri Valley school to qualify.

Dallas Baptist made it with a 54 RPI while Texas Tech and Elon with better RPIs did not.. Of course RPI is just a tool. I assume Dallas Baptist was possibly the last team to get an at large bid.