ORU at Oakland U. Series....

theeagleman5

Big game for ORU today....it's a must win because SDSU did sweep the Bison yesterday and have won all 3 games in that series....it's a pretty good bet that the Jacks will continue their winning ways this afternoon which sets up the big series in Tulsa next weekend.....hopefully, the Good Guys will be highly motivated... :sweat:

Ok. I'm to the left of the portable press box trailer. Sitting in the stands, under the p.a. speaker . This is the only place I've had to use a cell phone due to no phone lines. So, you will hear the group of 10 girls whooping, they are three feet from me. You will hear the wind, I'm in it.

Everybody there can hear me from umps to fans to players. Very tough. After today, good quality rest of way.

Two years ago I got in the press trailer, that helped a lot. This time no luck.

Happy Mothers day

Eagles go down to the Grizz in game four, 6-4. Geoff said this is only the fourth loss to Oakland in the history of the series.

On a happier note, in the sixth NDSU leads SDSU 6-4.

NDSU went up 7-5, but SDSU came back and tied the game at 7 all. Extra innings.

Knowing the way that SDSU plays, they'll probably win this, and we'll be down three games to them next weekend. We'll HAVE to get the sweep.

This shows what happens when you don't get the job done against weaker competition in the league.

NDSU holds on in the bottom of the tenth; two strike-outs by Bison pitching. Going to the 11th inning.

WOW!!! In the bottom of the 11th SDSU loaded the bases with no outs, but another great pitching effort by NDSU's Jason Mattila to get out of the bind - strikes out two, the third pops up.

Going to the twelfth inning - who wants it more????

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Top of the fifteenth inning, stilled tied at 7. The Bison have chased uber-closer Vermuelen off the mound. He's been replaced by Entringer. NDSU threatening - sac bunt moves runner to scoring position with one out.

NDSU scores on a single to right. NDSU back in the lead, 8-7.

This game had a 1:00 PM start time, folks. It's now nearly 5:30.

Also in the 11th a NDSU player was ejected for arguing balls/strikes. And in the bottom of the 11th two NDSU coaches were ejected. Must be pretty exciting.

Maybe they were trying to be like the Lakers. :)

BISON WIN!!! THE BISON WIN!!! After NDSU gets two outs the Jacks mount a mini rally, walking one and getting a two out hit to move the base runner to scoring position - but it wasn't enough, and the next batter flies out. Ball game!!

I wish to express my deepest appreciation to the Bison for coming to the rescue of the Eagles!!!

Bad loss today for ORU but we get lucky when NDSU comes to the rescue vs. SDSU....this leaves us a fighting chance next week but we have to win at least 3 of 4 against the Jacks....the way ORU has played this season, TheEagleman doesn't really have a lot of hope for that....All SDSU really has to do is come in and get a split and they've pretty much wrapped up the #1 seed....the Friday night game will be such a key game....would be nice to get a good crowd out there behind the good guys..... :sweat:

BISON WIN!!! THE BISON WIN!!! After NDSU gets two outs the Jacks mount a mini rally, walking one and getting a two out hit to move the base runner to scoring position - but it wasn't enough, and the next batter flies out. Ball game!!

I wish to express my deepest appreciation to the Bison for coming to the rescue of the Eagles!!!

In one respect, it's quite disturbing that we are "scoreboard watching" in May, but that's the new reality for ORU in the Summit. Down by two games with eight to play. If we win three of four with the Jacks, we would be tied with SDSU and own the tie-breaker. Anything less than that is probably not going to be enough. Even with a 3-1 series win, we would still need to win the same amount of games against Southern Utah the following weekend as SDSU does against IPFW. Both contenders will be playing at home.

It all comes down to next weekend at JLJ....no less than 3 wins vs. SDSU will be needed....if we can accomplish that it's all tied with ORU holding the tiebreaker edge.....can't help but think that the team that gets the first win on Friday night is going to be the #1 seed.....TheEagleman would love to be there.... :wink:

ORU got a huge break today, the loss by SDSU was worth 2 games in the standings and we would have had to sweep them at JLJ if they won.

It's still gonna be an uphill climb, we would need to win the series against SDSU and sweep SUU to control our own destiny.

Yep...ORU will need to win 7 of the next 8 Summit games to get the #1 seed....this group doesn't seem to make anything easy....plus, we have to play at WSU tomorrow night and TCU next Tuesday...both tough games.... :ugeek: