ORU at Oakland U. Series....

theeagleman5

This weekend is huge for the ORU baseball team....we can't afford to fall any further behind SDSU and could really use picking up at least one game.....the Jacks are playing NDSU which is a also a big series between the teams right above and below us in the Summit League standings....the Good Guys need a sweep up at Oakland and have to hope that SDSU loses at least one or maybe gets only a split with the Bison.....TheEagleman guesses that Bowen will lead us off tomorrow....we need a big time game from him.....we will see if this team is ready for the stretch run..... :sweat::worried::sweat:

Schlehuber is back! Maybe that will help. He hit a HR this afternoon. ORU up 4-0.

Nice to have him back.... He is a difference maker.

6-0 ORU leading in bottom of 7th inning. Also SDSU beat NDSU 4-3.

WHEW!!! ORU holds on and wins 7-5, but gives up 4 runs in the bottom of the ninth. Joe Spring comes on for the final out. I stepped away from the broadcast during the pitching change because my niece arrived for the weekend, and by the time I got back the game was over!! After a shaky inning it ended quickly!!

PTL....ORU needed that win to stay two games back of SDSU....a sweep of this weekend's game is almost a must....TheEagleman assumes that Oakland threw their ace today....if they have one.... :ugeek:

PTL....ORU needed that win to stay two games back of SDSU....a sweep of this weekend's game is almost a must....TheEagleman assumes that Oakland threw their ace today....if they have one.... :ugeek:

I didn't catch the entire game - in fact, the only reason I caught any of it was because of a rain delay, if I understood Geoff correctly. He reported at the end of the broadcast that it was cold and rainy and he was ready to get out of there.

No decent broadcast facilities for baseball at Oakland. I'm not sure if there's an enclosure or building for Geoff to do his broadcast from, but I do know that there's no phone or internet capabilities, and he did his entire broadcast from cell phone.

ORU leading 7-2 in Game 2... ORU finally starting to hit HRs, and get timely hits--three 2-out doubles in the 5th inning.

Pretty sure the pitcher they threw yesterday (Liechtman?) was their "ace". He was on the hill when they beat SDSU last friday, and actually the Grizz played SDSU pretty tough all weekend.

Really needed that win yesterday, for whatever reason we have struggled in the early games of conference series'. Hopefully we can sweep this weekend, and win the series against SDSU.

Eagles score 8 runs in the 9th and win 15-2 in Game 1. Lets see if Gonzalez and our bats can keep it rolling in Game 2

Eagles pick up where they left off from Game 1, leading 2-0 in the 2nd. ORU already with 6 hits, and Gonzalez struck out the side in the 1st.

Sweet!....nice big win in Game 1....hopefully ORU can hang on with Gonzo in Game 2.....

Sweet!....nice big win in Game 1....hopefully ORU can hang on with Gonzo in Game 2.....

Gonzo goes the distance. ORU wins 6-2. The Grizz never really threatened except in the bottom of the - bases loaded and no outs, but they only got one run out of the inning. Gonzalez was pretty impressive in that situation.

Geoff doing a great job calling this game as usual, not sure if he is having to call from the bleachers or what...but there are a couple of Oakland fans yelling high pitched "WOOOs!!!" any time Oakland does anything remotely positive. Sounds like they are right next to him. I guess thats just part of the job when on the road in the Summit :grin:

Eagles win the 2nd game 6-2, with Gonzalez striking out 8

Unfortunately, in the fifth inning of the seven inning game at Brookings SDSU is blowing out NDSU, 8-0.

It's really looking like the conference title will be decided next week when ORU takes on SDSU at JLJ.

I'll be there!! :wink:

Geoff doing a great job calling this game as usual, not sure if he is having to call from the bleachers or what...but there are a couple of Oakland fans yelling high pitched "WOOOs!!!" any time Oakland does anything remotely positive. Sounds like they are right next to him. I guess thats just part of the job when on the road in the Summit :grin:

Eagles win the 2nd game 6-2, with Gonzalez striking out 8

They don't have any broadcast facilities there, so he was in the stands, at ground level right behind home plate, I think I heard him say. Poor quality of the audio was because he was using his cell phone to do the broadcast.

I really wondered if those fans moved in close just so they could disrupt what Geoff was trying to do. Probably not - but you'd think they could AT LEAST provide him with a work area that isolated him a bit from the Grizz fans!

ORU had to get that sweep today and it's a must win again on Mother's Day....TheEagleman assumes that SDSU swept NDSU today?....we have to stay within 2 games of them....Good guys will have to win 3 of 4 next weekend just to get a tie....this could come down the the final game unless SDSU wins next weekend's series....has ORU ever lost a Summit Series at JLJ?.....

They don't have any broadcast facilities there, so he was in the stands, at ground level right behind home plate, I think I heard him say. Poor quality of the audio was because he was using his cell phone to do the broadcast.

I really wondered if those fans moved in close just so they could disrupt what Geoff was trying to do. Probably not - but you'd think they could AT LEAST provide him with a work area that isolated him a bit from the Grizz fans!

Yeah, my thinking was that they were doing it purposely, but maybe not. Looking on Oakland's site, it doesn't appear that there are many places to sit anyway. I agree, they should at the least be able to set up a table and maybe a tent away from the crowd.

I don't know if it's more appalling that non-football or football schools have such poor facilities. Because as we're often reminded- football is such a supposed money generator. But on the other hand, how does a non-football school not even have remotely decent baseball facilities? There are several small colleges in the OKC area that play baseball and as it stands right now, all would better baseball fields than a lot of schools in the Summit.

i have to admit i could only listen for about an inning and a half. between the woman's high pitch screaming after every strike and the wind blowing it was unlistenable. i assumed it was poor placement of the crowd microphone. i did not realize geoff was broadcasting from his phone. oh well, life in the summit league i guess.

glad to hear they won both games. sounds like the bats may be starting to wake up.