March Madness

ManiacAlum

Tulsa got a really good deal with the teams that are coming to town. There should be storylines galore throughout the week with KU, Texas, Arizona, Illinois, Memphis and their fans in town. All of those bases travel well. Also there is Self being back in Tulsa, a potential Self vs Illinois matchup in the 2nd round. Texas vs. Arizona in the 2nd round could be incredible...can't believe that could be a 2nd round game! Heck, Arizona/Memphis and Illinois/UNLV are really good 1st round matchups.

With the BOK up and going, I'm not too sure the tournament will be coming back to OKC anytime soon. Didn't get a lot of local support last year, and it probably didn't help that it was 75 and sunny on Friday and then we had an ice storm by Saturday.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

• ORUTerry

• ManiacAlum

Texas is talented and deep will be interested to see Benson on Texas' big guy; I think Texas will be too much for Oakland by 15 points.

Anyone have any leads to tickets at the BOK besides all session passes?

Texas is talented and deep will be interested to see Benson on Texas' big guy; I think Texas will be too much for Oakland by 15 points.

Anyone have any leads to tickets at the BOK besides all session passes?

Only what I've heard on the radio - that there are quite a few seats still available, and closer to the tournament the BOK will open those seats for single session tickets.

Also, when ORU played in Dallas a few years back, I went down and bought tickets to the ORU game from scalpers outside - there were plenty available.

On Twitter:

goldengrizzGP Darth Sidious and the Dark Side are synonymous with Rick Barnes and the Longhorns:

2q83k78.jpg

Billy Gillispie was on sportstalk this morning in Houston, discussing among other things his hope to be coaching a team in the Tourney a year from now. They briefly touched on the Oakland-UT matchup as the host discussed how much pre-tournament "love" the Grizzlies were getting...Gillispie said he thought the Longhorns should have definitely been a #3, if not a #2, and that they are capable of winning it all...basically said no way will they be challenged by Oakland.

Gillespie is in a really good spot right now. He and Tubby Smith are probably the hottest coaches on the market right now. I would like to see Tubby head down to Tobacco Road to NC State. Roy Williams, Coach K, and Tubby Smith only 15 miles apart from each other is great for the ACC.

I just turned on the OSU/Harvard game and I'm AMAZED at the sparse crowd!! It looks almost as bad as an ORU game on TV. Is it because it's the NIT, a mid-week game, or what?

Some good games today, and after all the great games yesterday afternoon, there were some real snoozefests last night, except for the Michigan State/UCLA ending...so today CBS unleashes Gus Johnson on another year of March Madness in the George Mason/'Nova game. I wish this guy would call just one of my pick-up games at the Y: "AND ANOTHER MISSED SHOT!!! WOW...NOW HE'S GOING TO THE WATER FOUNTAIN AGAIN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC4EiCRLoF8

How about the ending of the Pitt Butler game?

Thought Butler won, then Pitt...

Should refs swallow their whistles on last second plays like that?

Ever see anything that crazy or bad in the Summit leagues with fouls?

Pitt shot 56% in the first half and 62% in the second half and still lost the game!

Pittappointing as the newspapers are now saying!!

Both fouls were so obvious that refs had to make them. Why did Pitt have anyone on the line for the 2nd free throw? I love that the Big (L)east loses another one. I am with Charles Barkley and want all of them to lose.

Both fouls were so obvious that refs had to make them. Why did Pitt have anyone on the line for the 2nd free throw? I love that the Big (L)east loses another one. I am with Charles Barkley and want all of them to lose.

Interestingly, one of the refs in that game was the Summit's own Terry Wymer. I think he's a pretty decent ref most of the time, is always involved in the Summit League Tournament, and has called many ORU games.

Pitt shot 56% in the first half and 62% in the second half and still lost the game!

Pittappointing as the newspapers are now saying!!

Tie game, if he missed you hope you can tip it in. Obviously no need to foul but you could contest for a rebound and putback without fouling there.

How about the ending of the Pitt Butler game?

Thought Butler won, then Pitt...

Should refs swallow their whistles on last second plays like that?

Ever see anything that crazy or bad in the Summit leagues with fouls?

They called a questionable block call in an OU-OSU game in 04 or 05 on the baseline just like they called on Butler.

They made the correct calls (both of them) in the Pitt/Butler game. The players made bonehead plays.

I saw where someone has replayed the in-bounds play where the Texas player was called for a 5-second violation. The call changed/determined the outcome of thegame. Seems the official mis-counted; there are only four (not five) arm motions until he signals for 5 seconds. And someone has timed 3.8 seconds between when the player got the ball and when he asked for a timeout.

They made the correct calls (both of them) in the Pitt/Butler game. The players made bonehead plays.

I saw where someone has replayed the in-bounds play where the Texas player was called for a 5-second violation. The call changed/determined the outcome of thegame. Seems the official mis-counted; there are only four (not five) arm motions until he signals for 5 seconds. And someone has timed 3.8 seconds between when the player got the ball and when he asked for a timeout.

Agreed both plays were the players fault for sure. I couldn't believe the Texas 5 second call. I was able to go to the Session and had a blast, Terry I thought I saw you from across the BOK were you there?

I was there on Friday and Sunday.... most of the time I was sitting in someone else's seats.

You've got to give to Butler!

Makes you smile when you see mid-majors can compete with the big boys and the big bucks!

Low budget schools rule!!

(What is it, only 1 team left from the Big East (originally 11)).

Charles Barkley was right!