Play Ground "Pick 'em" Game ...

Guest Rob Marshall

Guest Rob Marshall

Okay, let's play a little game of "play ground pick 'em" and the pool of players consists of the 1996-97 Golden Eagles and this year's ORU team.

since it's my game, I'll pick first and take Tim Gill ... next? anyone? anyone?

Even though he is having a down year I still take Ken Tutt next. I know most people would probably take Larry Owens, but I love Ken Tutt.

Guest EagleBackr

...think I see where THIS is headed! Unlike last year, when there was room for debate, I think RM's favorite ORU team of 96-97 might wax this year's edition of the Golden Eagles. Much more chemistry with that bunch - and with the second pick, instead of Ken Tutt, I would have taken Earl or Clifford and have them GUARD Ken Tutt. Then Larry with the third pick. Yeah - give me Caleb, Earl or Clifford, and Larry, plus ANY other two from either team, and we'll give you a game...

Guest Rob Marshall

now wait a second, if Ken goes third, I've got the next pick and I'm taking LO.

So I've got Gill, Walls, and Owens.

You've got Green, Tutt, and (Earl or Cliff - either would be a GREAT pick up too, and please note, whichever one is left I'm taking next!) :lol:

Guest EagleBackr

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE - I didn't want Ken with MY second pick; I wanted Clifford or Earl!

I don't want to play anymore. I'm taking my ball and I'm going home... :cry:

Since I've got Tutt as the shooter, I'll go with McClellan next. I do agree that he is a great floor leader.

Guest Rob Marshall

okay, are these "coached" teams or is this just pick up street ball without the parameters of coaching? let's say "no coaches, just players" ...

so I'm taking Kevin Scruggs next.

My team ... Gill, Walls, Owens, and Scruggs

Your team ... Green, Tutt, McClellen, and ...

I'll take Derrick Taylor next.

And a quick question, are we going with just five players, or five players and a sub, how far are we taking this?

Guest Rob Marshall

good question, so let's take six (6) so we have the added value of a quality "sixth man" coming off the bench. :wink:

okay, I'll take Crenshaw to give me Gill, Walls, Owens, Scruggs, and Crenshaw.

you've got Green, Tutt, McClellen, Taylor, and ???

Guest Rob Marshall
I'm scheduled to talk to Earl next Thursday! I'll be sure to tell him he got picked early.

well actually, Earl was the sixth (6) pick overall (out of twelve total picks) so he really went, shall we say, "in the middle of the draft" ... tell Mr. McClellen I said hello! he was (and still is) an absolutely outstanding young man.

Guest Rob Marshall

you dirty bird! you stole my sleeper pick and took EP! :shock:

if we're looking at EP and DT playing at the level they played at as freshmen (which they both were on the 96-97 team) then I have a definite distinct advantage, but since this is a fantasy league, let's say guys play at their peak level when we match up.

okay okay, decisions decisions ... for my sixth and final draft pick I'll take 1998-99 Mid Con POY, Chad "Slim" Wilkerson.

my team ... Gill, Walls, Owens, Skruggs, Crenshaw, and Wilkerson

your team ... Green, Tutt, McClellen, Taylor, Perry and ??? (suggestion, you better go get some size)

It was nice to see Tim Gill back in the Mabee Center last night; he accompanied Larry Owens for his Senior night presentation. Tim looked trim and a bit older.... as is to be expected. It would nice for someone to do a "where are they now" feature on various players so we could catch up on them.

1996-97

Tim Gill

Rocky Walls

Earl McClellan

Clifford Crenshaw

Blake Moses

Chad Wilkerson

James Kruse

Eric Perry

Derrick Taylor

Kevin Scruggs

Jay Henderson