ORU vs. Drury 11/2/10

DUPanther

Last night's game may prove to be more beneficial than a 25-30 point blowout would have been. Two obvious lessons:

1) You can't mail it in and expect to win;

2) Never overlook ANY opponent.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ron

• DUPanther

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

Niles

Roundtree

DoMo

Craion

Holdman

Pearson

I think you add Stokes and Hunter to that and you have your top 8. Morton and Nassarre might only play sparingly and I think Angsomwine plays over them.

The trouble is that we need to find room for Lliteras in my opinion. He made the biggest impact in the shortest time out there. Can he do it over a longer time period? Good question! I for one would love to find out. I think that kid has the goods to light it up big-time!

The trouble is that we need to find room for Lliteras in my opinion. He made the biggest impact in the shortest time out there. Can he do it over a longer time period? Good question! I for one would love to find out. I think that kid has the goods to light it up big-time!

I liked Lliteras. He made a clutch 3 towards the end.

However, he also was part of the reason that our freshman forwad, Ian Carter, had 10 pts in 7 minutes. There's video on our website of Carter posting him up and scoring on him pretty easily (at about the 1:30 mark). Obviously, the kid can shoot the ball on the offensive end....but can he defend well enough as a freshman to garner significant minutes?

It's always good to see freshmen step up...2 of them in this game.

I liked Lliteras. He made a clutch 3 towards the end.

However, he also was part of the reason that our freshman forwad, Ian Carter, had 10 pts in 7 minutes. There's video on our website of Carter posting him up and scoring on him pretty easily (at about the 1:30 mark). Obviously, the kid can shoot the ball on the offensive end....but can he defend well enough as a freshman to garner significant minutes?

You saw that up-and-under move too, huh?

That's why his minutes could be limited: until he learns to play defense the Scott Sutton way, he won't play near as much as he could.

You saw that up-and-under move too, huh?

That's why his minutes could be limited: until he learns to play defense the Scott Sutton way, he won't play near as much as he could.

Okay. You guys are right. Defense wins ballgames and we have a little ways to go in that department. I'm sure Sutton knows when Lliteras' time is right. It must be hard for shooters like him not to get frustrated at times as they are busting their butt trying to learn defense while at the same time maintaining their offensive edge.