ORU vs. Drury 11/2/10

DUPanther

I would be very surprised to win this game by more than 15 points. Keep in mind that it is an exhibition game. Coaches are looking to solidify line-ups, see how different players play in different sittuations, and do any last minute fine tuning before the regular season starts. With as many new weapons as this team has, it will be at least a month before we know what kind of potential we have. Our NIT team with LSG played the first game of the season in the UMAC and squeked out an 11 or so point win against St. Gregory U. As long as we get the W, the final score probably wont be very indicative of how our season will be.

Well said, EF. ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ron

• DUPanther

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

Doc, any live chat on the board for the out of towners for tonights game?

There is FREE Elive streaming (both audio and video) of tonight's game at orugoldeneagles.com.

There is FREE Elive streaming (both audio and video) of tonight's game at orugoldeneagles.com.

Are you guys getting the sense that the university is pulling out some of the stops this year, or is it just me?

Geez....that was unnecessarily a nail-biter....TheEagleman only watched some of the 2nd half but it was a sloppy victory....what was the late technical for?....and SOS....can't we hit a free throw???.... :worried:

Geez....that was unnecessarily a nail-biter....TheEagleman only watched some of the 2nd half but it was a sloppy victory....what was the late technical for?....and SOS....can't we hit a free throw???.... :worried:

The late technical was for an intentional foul. I don't think that is called too often in that situation, is it?

I think the intentional foul was because a Drury player grabbed Holdman away from the ball, couldn't really tell... but if that was the case, it's automatic.

I think the intentional foul was because a Drury player grabbed Holdman away from the ball, couldn't really tell... but if that was the case, it's automatic.

Okay, that explains it, except it was Pearson who was fouled. At least he was the one that took the shots. Niles had the ball at that point. They obviously did not want to foul Niles. Does anyone know where we can get any stats anytime soon?

Roundtree and Niles are definitely the bright spots in tonight's game. I like Literas, too, in the few minutes that he played, but he may fall victim to the numbers. We didn't see Nasarre and Morton at all. Sutton may be saving Stokes, McClintock, Morton and Nasarre to have a look at them in the game against Rogers State in real-game mode. If you sub in 13 guys, the real game aspect gets lost a little. OR, has Sutton already made some firm decisions in terms of who plays and who doesn't at this point.

Yeah, that intentional foul was really odd. With about 3 minutes left, I thought ORU had cranked it up like good teams do to put away the pesky opponent, but then Drury finally got a bucket and a key three-pointer. Right up until that intentional foul I thought there was a chance Drury could attempt to eek out a win - and they still kind of had that chance thanks to those missed free-throws - but ultimately ORU had players step up and make plays (Lliteras' block!).

Yeah, that intentional foul was really odd. With about 3 minutes left, I thought ORU had cranked it up like good teams do to put away the pesky opponent, but then Drury finally got a bucket and a key three-pointer. Right up until that intentional foul I thought there was a chance Drury could attempt to eek out a win - and they still kind of had that chance thanks to those missed free-throws - but ultimately ORU had players step up and make plays (Lliteras' block!).

Yeah. With Morrison out, Literas gave us another scoring threat, too. He made a key three-pointer at the end and that block. He seems for real.

I can't find any stats anywhere. I guess we'll have to wait until the team puts them up. These D2 exhibition games don't count for CNN and ESPN statistical purposes, I don't think. Those are the sites that I usually check but I can't find anything tonight.

Hats off to Drury...they came to play and certainly could have won.....maybe it's better to see how the good guys respond in a close game....still, we were again plagued by sloppy play, turnovers and poor FT shooting....Niles looked really good....DoMO shooting 4-15 is a concern....Why did we not see McClintock, Stokes, Morton and Nasarre?....i guess the first two are still nursing minor injuries but what's with the last 2?....also, it speaks volumes about Sutton's plans if Roundtree started over DBH....or maybe Sutton is concerned about Bel-Holter picking up early fouls.....i guess we can afford to go quick and small with our line up when we face a team without a legit center....makes sense.... :geek:

I can't find any stats anywhere. I guess we'll have to wait until the team puts them up. These D2 exhibition games don't count for CNN and ESPN statistical purposes, I don't think. Those are the sites that I usually check but I can't find anything tonight.

I've got a box score from your SID...let me know what you want to know.

Great showing by DU for the first game...we can be pretty darn good. We missed some cripples, and the 2 missed front-ends of 1 and 1's late killed us. Oh, and the non-call on the mugging Holdman gave Lockhart after Lockhart picked his pocket with a couple minutes left and the non-call on the Bell-Holter goal tending didn't help. :)

Don't know what any of you all thought...but I thought our point guard, Lockhart, thoroughly outplayed Holdman. He's just a sophomore. Sutton had some nice words for him after the game.

Roundtree is going to be a hell of a player. He's head and shoulders above Bell-Holter.

1st off..Warren has improved in every aspect of his game 22pts...it was Drury...but he played an awesome game...DOMO did alright..not bad.....did anyone else notice McClintock wasnt on the bench?? or was he there an i jus didnt see him?...also Ken played a good game...13 pts I think...Craion had a few bad passes down low that turned into turnovers