Preseason Clues Point To Oakland Again (Mike Brown's blog)

Old Titan

Not 1 mention on NDSU huh? thats ok. we'll talk come March.

March??

Promise??

No way - you can't make it that long.

Consider the fact that you're on an opponent's message board in August talking smack about some freshman who has yet to play a minute.

You and SDSUJacks should get together and compare your recruits' star-ratings on Rivals. |(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• Old Titan

• ORUTerry

• ManiacAlum

Class, please come to order and prepare for today's lesson contrasting "your" and "you're."

"Your" essentially means "belonging to you." It is often incorrectly used for "you're." "You're" is a contraction substituting for the two words "you are." Now let's see how that applies to the example below:

[1] Incorrect: you're

[2] Incorrect: you're

[3] Correct!

[4] Incorrect: you're

[5] Correct!

[6] Incorrect: you're

Now go and practice, practice, practice YOUR understanding on these new concepts. Hopefully, YOU'RE better prepared for the next quiz life brings.

Class dismissed.

Thanks, Count - that helps alot. :rofl:

I just wanted to note that I don't completely disagree with what Grizz is saying, also ORUJason makes some great observations...so I will concede that Larry Wright is a 'nice' player. I'll admit that I had no idea that he averaged 11 ppg and had 43 in the tournament. He also had a good game against ORU at the O'Rena.

BUT... he also had only 3 pts. against ORU in the first game, and while he had 43 points in the three tourney games, the stats show that he went 13-37.

His statline has several 2 for 10, 3 for 11, 1 for 8, 1 for 7 type games. For all the "this guy played in the Big East" talk about Wright, he didn't have as good a season as true freshman Warren Niles. Nice player, but I'd rather face him than Jones and Nelson.

And while I'm a big fan of Kevin Ford, he had several weaknesses for being such an athletic big man. Since he WAS the frontcourt last year he should have averaged more than 7 rebounds a game. As much as I hate to say it, he was a liability at times both offensively and defensively.

Ford was basically a stiff....TheEagleman appreciated his heart and enthusism but the guy just had no touch around the basket and wasn't a very good rebounder....we can't help but be improved at the center position this year as long as DBH can stay out of foul trouble....if that happens, we need Nasarre to be healthier and improved....I think he will be.... ;)

S...T...I...F....F......OK, so the kid could dunk....not much else in his repetoire.... |(

S...T...I...F....F......OK, so the kid could dunk....not much else in his repetoire.... |(

"All he does is catch touchdowns."

-Eagles coach Buddy Ryan after cutting receiver Cris Carter, who went on to multiple Pro Bowls with the Vikings

Oh boy...so now you are comparing borderline football Hall of Famer, Chris Carter with mediocre mid-major center, Kevin Ford?....that's a little bit of a stretch even for you, OT.....look, TheEagleman acknowledges that Ford brought a lot of passion and enthusiasm to the court...he gave it 110% most nights and we loved him for that...he was a decent defender and fair rebounder....but not very good with the basketball....had very few moves and couldn't dribble much....yes, he could go up and dunk but that one play you posted was 90% Ken Holdman and 10% Kevin Ford....but I am not here to knock KFord....all TheEagleman was trying to say was that we should be improved at the center position if DBH lives up to the potential..... ;)

Oh boy...so now you are comparing borderline football Hall of Famer, Chris Carter with mediocre mid-major center, Kevin Ford?....that's a little bit of a stretch even for you, OT.....look, TheEagleman acknowledges that Ford brought a lot of passion and enthusiasm to the court...he gave it 110% most nights and we loved him for that...he was a decent defender and fair rebounder....but not very good with the basketball....had very few moves and couldn't dribble much....yes, he could go up and dunk but that one play you posted was 90% Ken Holdman and 10% Kevin Ford....but I am not here to knock KFord....all TheEagleman was trying to say was that we should be improved at the center position if DBH lives up to the potential..... ;)

Of course I'm not comparing Cris Carter to Kevin Ford.

I'm comparing you to Buddy Ryan, in terms of judging talent.

TheEagleman was a huge Buddy Ryan fan.......Buddy's strong point WAS judging talent....Ryan tired of Carter's off the field antics and he got rid of Chris Carter (drug addict at the time) to wake him up....and it did....if you read Carter's testimony, Chris credits Buddy dumping him as the changing point in his life...he went on to grow from good receiver in Philly to GREAT receiver in Minnesota....but TheEagleman would never compare himself with Buddy.....I am just an armchair fan....but one who knows a mediocre college center when he sees one....I think DBH has a lot more skills in his back pocket....we could see some seriously strong play from the 5 position for ORU this year if he can avoid the cheap fouls....something we lacked last season....again, loved KFord's passion but he never reached that "next level" we were looking for as a senior..... :geek: