Super Regionals.....

theeagleman5

TCU 8 FSU 1 in game one....ouch!.... :(

Does TCU play UCLA next? If so, that should be a good game. We competed well against TCU here, but UCLA was heads and shoulders above us from a talent level.

Yes....UCLA vs. TCU Monday night after FSU plays Florida in an elimination game....OU and Sonny today vs. So. Carolina.... :geek:

How bout them Tigers knocking off ASU? Should be a good game between OU and Clemson Tuesday night.

Let's go Tigers!... ;)

...and FSU eliminates the Gators of Florida!....let's go Noles!.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

TheEagleman Congratulates South Carolina on their first CWS championship....they surely handled UCLA with few problems....maybe some year our ORU guys will make it back.....it's been over 30 yrs....we are overdue.... ;)

We've got a lot of the right pieces, just have to put them together. It was amazing that SC was one swing away from being eliminated by OU, and came back to win, then down 2 games to Clemson, and still won. A lot of it comes down to attitude. UCLA and ASU were probably the best 2 teams player by player, but couldn't get it done.

Hard to get where you want to go when you keep losing kids to the draft... Dallas Beeler signed with the Cubs yesterday.

Hard to get where you want to go when you keep losing kids to the draft... Dallas Beeler signed with the Cubs yesterday.

Why would you sign as a 46th round draft pick when you have another year to learn under Rob Walton? Knowing the Beelers, education is important to them and with our facilities, you shouldn't see something like this happen. Must have been a great story told by the scout. :^):?:

He had 150,000 reasons to sign... simply mind-boggling on the Cubs' part.

Interesting...gave him "mid-teens" money to sign. I don't think that he would have done much better than that as a senior next year. That makes a little more sense. Mom and Dad will make sure he gets his education.

That's actually sixth-round money... and he would have been a junior next year. The big problem is he was a walk-on this season. Impossible to replace that kind of free talent in July.

I hope it works out for Dallas better than it did for Ryan Groth...

Beeler gets 3-4 years to live the dream and then he can start to face the reality of life. If he goes back to school,

he'll still only be 24-25 years old when he graduates. God Bless him and I hope he strikes it big...

$150K?....geez...hard to believe but if he got that from Chicago, I guess I can't blame him....still, that's a shame...I wish have completed his time at ORU....but yeah, TheEagleman hopes he is wrong and does well, the odds are against him.... :worried: