Super Regionals.....

theeagleman5

Sonny's Sooners lost a tough game one at Virgina yesterday, 3-2....gotta win today to keep in going....Arkansas also lost a heartbreaker vs. favored Arizona St. in 12 innings last night by 7-6....TheEagleman is watching the rubber game of FSU-Vandy off and on this afternoon....two very evenly matched teams but the Noles are up 4-1 right now in the 7th.... :geek:

Just had to watch Sonny's ugly mug on ESPN as OU beat Virginia to send the super regional to a rubber game tomorrow... :P .....how about top 5 teams Coastal Carolina and Texas being eliminated today?....wish ORU was still playing....not our year... :(

OU up 4-0 in the 3rd at #1 Virginia in the rubber game....could Sonny and the Sooners actually be headed for the CWS in Omaha?.....geez..... |(

Like I have said before, we may not like how Sunny coaches, how he treats his players and how he handles himself, but he gets results. I'm sure that there some bonus money coming his way with the CWS appearance.

Congrats to the Sooners for beating (nailing) the home team in a very important game. Congratulations to Charlotte and Callen, too. :D

15 or so years and he makes his first CWS appearance? If that is 'results'....

Unfortunately, it's better than what we've done in double that many years. I'm not saying that I would want to have Sunny representing my program again, but he seems to be getting results on the field with his tactics.

8 season at ORU - apperances in Super Regionals = 0

6 seasons at OU - apperances in CWS = 1 (Big 12 Titles = 0)

i thought it was interesting during last nights broadcast that one of the announcers quoted sunny as saying something to the effect that it may have been tougher to restore the porgram at OU than it was to build a program at ORU. i'm not sure he did either. it's not like OU was a bottom feeder in the big 12 when he took over and as mentioned elsewhere he did not exactly build the ORU program.

Haven't you heard? Sunny is personally responsible for the popularity and success of every winning baseball team in America.

Even the Yankees.

And some in Japan.

Bottom line: if you think he was insufferable before, just wait now that he's finally made it to Omaha... :doh:

Just spent most of the week at Coach Walton's Baseball Camp and let me say how proud I am to be a part of this program. What top notch "teachers" we have as a coaching staff, who are great to the public, parents and most importantly our kids. I would bet almost anything that there are very few programs in the country that have as genuine people off the field as they are on the field and behind the curtain like the one we have at ORU.

Very happy to be True Blue!!

Yeah, but do any of our current coaches have daughters in Playboy?

There are plenty of other reasons to find Sunny irritating - hardly fair to blame him for poor choices by one of his children.

Sounds like big boobs must run in the family.... :P:P:P

Well since our Golden Eagles are not in it, I will be rooting for the two teams from South Carolina - Primarily Clemson vs Arizona State, and USC taking on OU. Hope they can make some noise.

TheEagleman will be rooting for Florida State....EaglemanJr. has been a Noles fan for 20+ yrs and so I have naturally been drawn into it....Go Seminoles!... ;)

With all due respect Eagle Hombre, Clemson is 5-1 against the CWS field, including 3-0 on the Seminoles. But, will always pull for an ACC team against the rest of the field anyday! Looks like it will be a great CWS.