ORU vs. SDSU - Saturday (5-8-2010)

ORUTerry

OT - truly, the master of the metaphor. Here are three little words that a master like you could probably create another metaphor from: pot, kettle, black.

With your request in mind: since our friends to the frozen north relish so in pointing out the specks in our eyes while ignoring their own logs, perhaps instead of Jackrabbits we should simply refer to them as Jackpots. ;)

OT - Imagine how surprised I was to see someone make fun of the reported attendance at an SDSU game when I dared ask a question on how ORU basketball reports attendance and was taken to the woodshed. Keep in mind I simply asked about ORU attendance, wasn't making in fun of it. In fact, I even later said that I wish we (SDSU) would report on tickets sold, not butts in seats.

Keep in mind baseball in our fourth most popular sport, not second. We averaged 13,265 fans per home game in football last year.

Here are three little words that a master like you could probably create another metaphor from: pot, kettle, black.

I think you have it backwards. A few ORU fans jumped on me b/c I asked how you report your attendance (after watching an ORU game on TV that had maybe 500 there and seeing a report in the box score the next day of like 3,500). Now they are doing the same to SDSU baseball. Pot calling kettle black? Yes sir.

TheEagleman really does have to apologize....I should rather commend the SDSU fans for their intelligence....because who in their right mind would want to sit out in sub 40 degree temps and watch baseball....we need to do some testing on the "83 fans" who were out there on friday.....perhaps they were transfers from Alaska-Anchorage who thought the day was actually very balmy.... :P

TheEagleman really does have to apologize....I should rather commend the SDSU fans for their intelligence....because who in their right mind would want to sit out in sub 40 degree temps and watch baseball....we need to do some testing on the "83 fans" who were out there on friday.....perhaps they were transfers from Alaska-Anchorage who thought the day was actually very balmy.... :P

Eagleman, those 83 fans were probably sitting in the SDSU's Grand Slam Room throwing down a few. :P

Good point, Bogus...if TheEagleman had to live in South Dakota, I'd be throwing more than a few brews daily..... :P;):P

Eagleman, those 83 fans were probably sitting in the SDSU's Grand Slam Room throwing down a few. :P

Which tent is that in?

Which tent is that in?

I think it was in that tent that Geoff was in on Friday afternoon. Sounded like the most miserable game to be calling on the radio - both on the field and weather-wise.

Whatever Geoff gets paid....it isn't enough....to have to call a game outside in those conditions.....couldn't have been pretty....the man is a true professional.... :clap:

Very true. I don't know what happened. We had just a great late March and all of April but May has been lousy so far. Probably helped in the ORU series.

Good point, Bogus...if TheEagleman had to live in South Dakota, I'd be throwing more than a few brews daily..... :P;):P

That stings coming from a guy from Pitt. ;)

Pitt?....Ptooey on Pittsburgh!!....TheEagleman is a Philly boy....born and bred.... ;)