GREAT OFFICIATING

ANDROO

How many calls did ORU get tonight... Unbelievable...........Mickey "THE PUNK" should be kicked out of college basketball for what he did to AYUBA tonight...... cheap shot aftercheap shot....cALEB GREEN IS A GOD TO REFS.....ORU will not lose a game if he gets to shoot 1000 freethrows... We got screwed tonight and the officiating of this game was insane... Coach Z should send this to the NCAA...

How many calls did ORU get tonight... Unbelievable...........Mickey "THE PUNK" should be kicked out of college basketball for what he did to AYUBA tonight...... cheap shot aftercheap shot....cALEB GREEN IS A GOD TO REFS.....ORU will not lose a game if he gets to shoot 1000 freethrows... We got screwed tonight and the officiating of this game was insane... Coach Z should send this to the NCAA...

BALONEY! If you watched that game and thought you got 'jobbed', then there is no point in having a conversation with you. UMKC could have been called for 30 more fouls. Your guys "mucked it up" and turned it into a brawl, very fitting with Zvosec's demeanor and coaching style.

ORU finally fights UMKC's crap with some fire of our own and you start whining. Figures.

Don't judge all Roos fans by Androo's comments.

We clearly got outplayed tonight by you guys. Rarely do refs determine the outcome of a game. You guys are simply the better team this year.

Congratulations on the win. Looks like you locked up the 2 seed. I was surprised the Roos got back in the game tonight. At about the 13 minute mark in the second half when you guys were up by 20 I thought you might go ahead and blow us out of the arena. I was impressed by UMKC's effort to get back in the game, but you guys just have a better team this year.

Maybe we'll see you again in a few weeks.

Guest EagleBackr

I would say Caleb got about a THIRD of the calls he should have gotten tonight - he got hacked EVERY TIME HE GOT THE BALL!! I don't know how he keeps his composure, getting hit so much. Coach Z acts like a punk sometimes - when he wasn't screaming at the refs, he was calling out our bench. At one point, I thought he and Tom Hankins were gonna throw down! He still had his guys hard fouling with under a minute to go and ORU up 10 points. That's just bush-league. Plus, UMKC has the UGLIEST DAMN UNIFORMS I HAVE EVER SEEN!! What were they made of - velour? Looked like something from a beer league...

per "Ugliest Damn Uniforms":

exhibit 1) anything Chicago State wears

exhibit 2) Oakland, names underneath the numbers

Chicago State's unis look like a high school team. And I also hate the names under the numbers on Oaklands. Do any of you guys remember ORU's unis at the end of Tim Gill's career? Gold with shorts to the ankles. Those were ugly uniforms.

In no way did the refs decide this game. The better team won tonight, and it was very dissapointing for UMKC.....I really hope we can get one more shot at ORU this year, and I think it would come down to the wire....The reason for arguing about the officiating was anyone who saw what MICKEY did to Ayuba should know that is an INTENTIONAL foul and basketball is a physical game so each time Caleb gets it let them play at least a little bit...... You guys are the better team, and maybe the best team in the conference,,, just very dissapointed the guys didnt get to play a little bit more......Good luck the rest of the way.....

Thought I was the only one to see Hankins jump off the bench... there appears to be very little love lost between the teams - and the coaching staffs.

How about the ref almost tackling Riouse?

The refs were extremely inconsistent. They started by calling some very incidental contact but let the game erode into body slams. There were cheap shots enough to go around. I think it is because the refs lose control of the game by not establishing a consistent line that won't be crossed.

ANYBODY that thinks Caleb Green gets protection froms the refs just isn't objective. We sit courtside and it is amazing how he gets beat up every game. Other players get calls with FAR FAR less contact. Clearly every team in the Mid-Con knows that they have to stop Green to have a chance. And he has been doubled and tripled all year. Good strategy in my opinion. However, there is no way he gets treated with equity in the paint. We will never get top level refs in our conference. Not enough $$$. But there is no way Caleb get special treatment.

Mickey was obviously inspired by my new avatar to (1) push people down and (2) score over them. 5 fouls and 12 points in 15 minutes.

Guest EagleBackr
How does a thread go from "Great Officiating" to a discussion of the ugliest uniforms?

It's simple - the poor officiating was a direct result of the refs being distracted by UMKC's ugly uniforms.

Voice.... what really happened there? It looked like Hankins was furious and was jawing a bit with Coach Z. Was Coach Z yelling at one of our players? I stood up and cheered Hankins for not taking any guff. When Sutton saw what was going on, he went over and took Hankins' place by the scorer's table.